Cracker Roseville Bream! - 7/11/12

rjc123

Hi Raiders,

Another opportunity presented itself today so headed down to rosie. There have been a load of yakkas and tailor around so i planned to fish a livie for jews, flathead etc.. And flick a mix of unweighted baits and small SP's for bream and what not.... Started fishing around 3:30, just after the tide change. Caught a few yakkas and sent one out, then first cast on the light tackle resulted in a prawn munching 25cm bream. This pattern of just legal fish continued for the next hour, with the odd tailor and trevally mixed in. At this point, i figured i'd tie on a 2.5" Grubz in Bloodworm colour and have a flick. No hits for the first five mins but then proceeded to land two 31cm fish in a row. Kept persisiting with a big storm looming, and was rewarded big time. The Grubz was smashed and a powerful run parallel to the rocks followed. Originally thinking small jew or big trevally, I got a glimpse of a big bream. A few nervous moments trying to net him but finally did. Measured him up to 37cm. Not a monster but a big bream none the less. My biggest on SP so far... The storm hit soon after but i still left a happy fisherman with a good feed.

The fishing is hotting up big time so get out there!

post-14949-006287800 1352278919_thumb.png

post-14949-042617100 1352279154_thumb.png

Cheers, Tom

Hi Raiders,

Another opportunity presented itself today so headed down to rosie. There have been a load of yakkas and tailor around so i planned to fish a livie for jews, flathead etc.. And flick a mix of unweighted baits and small SP's for bream and what not.... Started fishing around 3:30, just after the tide change. Caught a few yakkas and sent one out, then first cast on the light tackle resulted in a prawn munching 25cm bream. This pattern of just legal fish continued for the next hour, with the odd tailor and trevally mixed in. At this point, i figured i'd tie on a 2.5" Grubz in Bloodworm colour and have a flick. No hits for the first five mins but then proceeded to land two 31cm fish in a row. Kept persisiting with a big storm looming, and was rewarded big time. The Grubz was smashed and a powerful run parallel to the rocks followed. Originally thinking small jew or big trevally, I got a glimpse of a big bream. A few nervous moments trying to net him but finally did. Measured him up to 37cm. Not a monster but a big bream none the less. My biggest on SP so far... The storm hit soon after but i still left a happy fisherman with a good feed.

Cheers, Tom

solid effort man and on plastics too even sweeter :thumbup:

Edited by Spoooled

Top stuff Tom your're running hot at the moment :thumbup:

Nice looking bream too and congratualtions on the PB :yahoo:

Hope your back gets better real soon.

Well done and keep up the nice work.

All the best
Ian

Thanks Ian,

Hot session yesterday was! 14 in total. Would've been a decent bag with 3 fish over 30 and two at 29cm.

Cheers, Tom Edited by mulloway man

That sounds like a ripping session you had Tom!

Maybe the falling barometer yesterday afternoon with the approaching thunder storm made them come on the bite, well at least this is what I've read but yet to experience :( Of course and undoubtedly your superior angling skills played the major part!!

Congratulations again and I look forward to hearing about more of your PB's being smashed!!

All the best

Ian

Nice work Tom.

I'm hoping to hit that area very soon.

If you do focus your efforts late arvo or early morning and into the night. That is if you are looking for the better fish. The smaller bream, tailor and trevally are around most of the day. As a hint, fish light (no sinker or light jig head) and dont cast too far out. Especially with the baits...

Do you guys fish under the bridge or at the marina? Heck of a catch too.

Yeah i rarely fish the marina... I'm sure there's a few big bream lurking around there but its too hard landbased. I'll have a go from the yak though! Either side of the bridge is the go..

Yeah i rarely fish the marina... I'm sure there's a few big bream lurking around there but its too hard landbased. I'll have a go from the yak though! Either side of the bridge is the go..

Cheers man.

Marinas tend to be where I catch my biggest (still not very big though) bream - I love wrestling them out from the pylons and pontoons.

Hi Raiders,

Cheers, Tom

Did you get the yakkas from the wharf? Just wondering if the yakkas have come back. Was there a month ago and couldn't get any.

Did you get the yakkas from the wharf? Just wondering if the yakkas have come back. Was there a month ago and couldn't get any.

No mate, just near the bridge. I'v been getting loads of them on peeled unweighted prawns. Late arvo and dusk i get loads of them. They should be around the wharf by now as well...