Nelson Bay & surrounds

scotty1983

G'day raiders,

I've got the folks coming from overseas this week and we're heading up to Nelson Bay for 4 days. Me and the old man used to go fishing regularly and are hoping to do a bit when we're away. Does anyone know what's biting up there just now?

I was there in March and got a few Flatties flicking plastics from the beach but it would be good to know if there's anything else firing. When I was there with my brother 2 years ago there were heaps of rat Kings in and around the Marina at this time of year :1yikes: too lairy for the Bream gear!

Any help or advise appreciated.

Cheers,

Scott

Edited by scotty1983

Hi scott,

great spot to go fishing cos its my backyard!!!

Cant give away everything but depending whether your

land based or not....

Nelson breakwall. Atm kings, dew, good snapper.

Soldiers point. Whiting

Taylors beach. Flatty

Rock fishing. Sunny corner. Reds, kings, salmon

Islands. Still waiting for warm current but some good reds

and kings at broughton.

Hope this helps, last hour out going tide best.

Got a nice 67cm dew in bay last friday. Yumm

Good luck and look forward to your post.

Scratchie

The Myall river is worth a look.

Some great lure fishing for bream, whiting and some cracker flatties. Monster Jewfish under the singing bridge at night.

The Breakwall often produces good kings, snapper, jews and bream over summer as previously said. I Never have a trip up there without checking it out.

Tomaree Head for all your yakkas, slimies and squid.

Some cracker whiting around jimmy's beach over summer!

Good luck!

Cheers, Tom

Hey Scott, how did you go? I got out today Friday.

Went up to karuha for a flick with no luck. Weather was pretty ordinary with the rain and wind constant. Headed back to the bay in my favorite spot and managed 3 nice bream at 30cm and a few soapies but missed the best part of the tide. Still ok considering conditions!

Hey Scott, how did you go? I got out today Friday.

Went up to karuha for a flick with no luck. Weather was pretty ordinary with the rain and wind constant. Headed back to the bay in my favorite spot and managed 3 nice bream at 30cm and a few soapies but missed the best part of the tide. Still ok considering conditions!

I'm not heading up there until tomorrow so I'll let you know, I'm hoping the weather turns, it's been a bit ordinary down in Sydney. Sounds like you had a reasonable day. I'll let you know how we go.......

The Myall river is worth a look.

Some great lure fishing for bream, whiting and some cracker flatties. Monster Jewfish under the singing bridge at night.

The Breakwall often produces good kings, snapper, jews and bream over summer as previously said. I Never have a trip up there without checking it out.

Tomaree Head for all your yakkas, slimies and squid.

Some cracker whiting around jimmy's beach over summer!

Good luck!

Cheers, Tom

Thanks Tom