Buying a new boat but stuck on choice

one fishes

G'day all, i've been contemplating getting a new boat and have been comparing 3 different makes and models and stuck on what boat would be more suitable and stable in rougher conditions if and when they arise.

i've been looking at the quintrex 420 renegade sc, the stessco 435 catcher sc and the savage 435 pirahna sc BMT packages.

Can anyone give a non biased opinion on which of these boats would be more durable and reliable to help me decide on which one i should pursue.

Thanks in advance.

G'day all, i've been contemplating getting a new boat and have been comparing 3 different makes and models and stuck on what boat would be more suitable and stable in rougher conditions if and when they arise.

i've been looking at the quintrex 420 renegade sc, the stessco 435 catcher sc and the savage 435 pirahna sc BMT packages.

Can anyone give a non biased opinion on which of these boats would be more durable and reliable to help me decide on which one i should pursue.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, hard to get unbiased opinions in boats and who knows what experience that person has that gives you his opinion. We have been selling and stocking boats for almost 50 years so our experience is hard to beat and I choose to stock none of those brands and the brand I choose to sell and stock is better than these and when they are packaged as a BMT from the factory the price is hard to beat also.

PM me if you are interested in seeing what the Raider price might be for a Stacer, but out of those three you list my preference would be Quintrex, Savage and then Stessco.

Cheers,

Huey.

Mackerel,

I'm a US boat dealer and new to the AU market. I'm curious, why would you prefer an aluminum boat over fiberglass? In the US, aluminum boats due to corrision issues, do not sell well in saltwater markets. In the US, fiberglass boats are the choice of most offshore fisherman and the material used by almost all the better boat builders.

I'm not trying to trash aluminum boats. Like I said I'm new to your market and just asking.

Rob Marsh

WyeRiverMarine

Mackerel,

I'm a US boat dealer and new to the AU market. I'm curious, why would you prefer an aluminum boat over fiberglass? In the US, aluminum boats due to corrision issues, do not sell well in saltwater markets. In the US, fiberglass boats are the choice of most offshore fisherman and the material used by almost all the better boat builders.

I'm not trying to trash aluminum boats. Like I said I'm new to your market and just asking.

Rob Marsh

WyeRiverMarine

Welcome to OZ, i have a 5.45m glass half cab and it has been good to me for years but we are moving up to port macquarie and i'd like a boat that i can handle easily myself and a bit more versatile as there is great prawning and crabbing up that way, not to mention being able to beach it easily on the flats and pump for yabbies and not worry to much about my boat getting stuck on the flats and too hard to get off by myself, on a particular fishraider social event the tide went out a little and it took 4 of us to float the heavy glass girl and it was allready half in the water :wacko: . In the end horses for courses, but the holy grail would be good to find a boat that does it all within reason :thumbup:. Budget is also a huge factor :thumbup: