Down rigger

John C

Guest Aussie007

i bought mine 3-4 years ago from a usa fishing and boating shop i paid around $208 that included a cannon lake troll downrigger two release clips and 3 day express shipping to sydney not bad the same downrigger wasnt available over here at the time but i think it is now for $350

i bought mine 3-4 years ago from a usa fishing and boating shop i paid around $208 that included a cannon lake troll downrigger two release clips and 3 day express shipping to sydney not bad the same downrigger wasnt available over here at the time but i think it is now for $350

That's the same model I'm looking at. Is it big enough for the kings?

Guest Aussie007

That's the same model I'm looking at. Is it big enough for the kings?

ive caught plenty of kings on it lost count deepest ive been is about 30 foot ive found a 4lb weight to work better than a 8lb weight i replaced my SS cable with 100lb braid but im thinking about going back to SS cable

ive caught plenty of kings on it lost count deepest ive been is about 30 foot ive found a 4lb weight to work better than a 8lb weight i replaced my SS cable with 100lb braid but im thinking about going back to SS cable

Awesome thanks for that mate.

Guest Aussie007

What brand are these ones you guys are talking about? Are they the scotty ones?

i cant post links in here do a google for "cannon downriggers" and no there not scotty downriggers two different brands

scottys are horizontal cannon are vertical and easier imo to use cannon also use much more sturdy rod holders and better release clips