SYDNEY HARBOUR HEADS

craigbutcher

HI Raiders,

Motored out around the heads this morning to a little reef GPS Mark I have - 25m of water.

Started cubing and within 1 hour the snapper started, just pannies around 40cm, landed 4 legal ones.

Put the squid JAGS down on a paternosta, landed good cuttlefish for bait and dinner.

Shortly after we hooked 2 SCHOOL SHARKS, around the 90cm mark. Kept 1 for dinner. Its amazing what starts coming around the boat when you cube and berley hard!

Butch

post-11981-063621000 1353450074_thumb.jpg

HI Raiders,

Motored out around the heads this morning to a little reef GPS Mark I have - 25m of water.

Started cubing and within 1 hour the snapper started, just pannies around 40cm, landed 4 legal ones.

Put the squid JAGS down on a paternosta, landed good cuttlefish for bait and dinner.

Shortly after we hooked 2 SCHOOL SHARKS, around the 90cm mark. Kept 1 for dinner. Its amazing what starts coming around the boat when you cube and berley hard!

Butch

post-11981-063621000 1353450074_thumb.jpg

Nice work mate, one of those school sharks didnt happen to come pre-gaffed by any chance ? I hooked one on the weekend and it ripped the gaff out of my mates hand snapped the leader and swam away ! haha

cuttle fish are amazing, better tasting than calamari in my opinion, nice catch, everything I enjoy.

Yeh nice Groper, to be honest I've always kept the Cuttlefish for bait. Looking forward to testing them out!

I have seen a few Cuttlefish FLOATING too, so I reckon that what has put the Snapper on again.

Butch