Big hairy in the harbour

jordan.widz

What up Raiders,

What a weekend for weather that was, sunny and stinkin' hot on Saturday then stomy on Sunday, love it.

Well we hit the haubour on sunday with my dad and a mate to burn off some old fuel in my dads new boat, 625 Cruise Craft Outsider with 200hp Etec, it has proved to be a great boat so far.

We started of the morning collecting some livies to try for some kings but with the wind blowing up it made it a bit hard so in the afternoon we found a more sheltered spot next to the Gladesville Bridge, we sent down an array of baits in hope of getting a jew or some flatties. My dad had a live yakka out that was getting a anxious and then buckled over, our first thoughts were a nice jewie, as it was putting up a great fight but instead it was a great big hairtail :yahoo: probably the last thing we would thought to have caught in 23.3 degree water during the day, we were stoked my dad had never caught a hairtail before and this one went 157cm and fed the whole family with leftovers.

Cheers, Prawn Star

post-14559-030621000 1354524897_thumb.jpg

post-14559-079888900 1354524798_thumb.jpg

What a beautiful fish in the photo! I never know they live in Parramatta River. You must have a very good camera, the photo is very sharp!

Very well done both on the fish and photo.

Charles

Cheers mate I was very impressed with the quality of the pic too. You'd be surprised to know it was taken with my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done it is a great catch, just for everyone else, to catch hairtail around xmas is not uncommon i have caught them around the new year period in years past, just try for hairtail over the xmas break dont change any tactics and you will be pleasantly suprised ....good luck all