Botany Bay Thursday

BUSTER 1

Went for a spin in Botany Bay yesterday great morning no wind not to cold went up along Brighton beach near the Novotel it was slow my mate got 2 small fish and 1 keeper, I was yet to get a touch[no bait only S/Ps] I see he is using a dark lure so I changed to squidgi black Opal and 3/8 tt head , 2or 3 casts and I get hit but no hook up so stop my retreive nothing happens start to retreive again and bang solid hit and a big hard run ,can feel head shakes think it might be a small jew ,another run but I can feel it starting to slow ,pump it back to the boat couple of short runs and up it comes no jew but a verry nice flatty my mate Darby gets it with a great net shot :074: ,the fish went 75cm and was in great condition .A quick pic and back she went ,the rest of the was slow seven fish caught 4 kept :1clap::1clap::1clap:

post-571-1121982279_thumb.jpg

Guest MarkD

Great Lizard, fair play for returning her to the drink :1clap:

Based on recent reports and personal experience thats a pretty succesful day on the water

Awesome flathead!! :thumbup:

I was on the bay today (friday)

hired a boat from la parouse, all we got was a lousy small snapper, small flathead, and 6 squid in a 6 hr period :ranting2:

Outnumbered, were you on the bay today?

i just realised from your boat picture from under your name, that i saw a boat very similar to yours on the bay.

started off at molinux point, then headed more out :1prop:

If it was you, catch anything?

Awesome flathead!!  :thumbup:

Outnumbered, were you on the bay today?

i just realised from your boat picture from under your name, that i saw a boat very similar to yours on the bay.

started off at molinux point, then headed more out    :1prop:

If it was you, catch anything?

59032[/snapback]

yep that was me, got a nice trev, a tailor, sweep, nanagai and a huge sargent baker (anyone ever tried eating one?) kept the trev and tailor.

yep that was me, got a nice trev, a tailor, sweep, nanagai and a huge sargent baker (anyone ever tried eating one?) kept the trev and tailor.

59042[/snapback]

G/ day outnumbered are you going to fish the Bay on saturday I would like to know how you go as I am planning to fish on sunday thanks mate :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: