Georges river safe eatting

jimpee

its really hard to say, met some guy at BCF telling me he eats anything even from chippo lake.

when theres heavy rain its sewerage run off. which isn't as bad as heavy metals or dioxin.

personally, i wouldn't eat a bream or a flathead west of alfords bridge, however i would eat a jewfish. Just because i don't catch them often and they most probably travel a lot more than the bread and butter.

now in saying that chicken in OZ grow in 6 weeks due to all the chemicals, while naturally they mature in 6-7months... and jesus we eat a lot of chicken.

not to mention our fruit and veg that are ripened in the truck by chemicals during transport.

fresh fish has got to be better than chemical chicken and fruit right?!

fresh fish has got to be better than chemical chicken and fruit right?!

Not if the fruit has had chemicals used that the government has deemed to be safe for human consumption.

If your concerned about the fish then simple don't eat it. Bream carry higher levels of dioxins than any other fish according to tests when exposed to contaminated waters. I personally don't eat bream anymore. Do some searching for test levels for that area and see of you can find any results for other fish as well