Harbour Kings this morning

BMac

Raiders,

Well after my flirt with night fishing the last couple of outings I needed to restore some confidence with some kings. On the water at 4 and a tank full of Yakkas by 4.15. Tried for some squid till about 4.45am but no go, they seem to have divorced me! Wanted to have a bit of a flick at first light so hit the markers around Sow and Pigs and the 'cakes. No luck. Headed around Shark Is and Rose Bay but there wasn't any surface action at all, infact the birds were just sitting around mocking me!!!!

Time to drop some livies. Headed outside and was on within 2 mins of the first drop. After fluffing around getting the net with my toes, she was in at 67cm but very fat, oh hang on, my new brag mat nose had fallen on its side (agghhhhh!!!) so I flicked it up with my left foot and she shruk to 57cm, so went back in after my failed attempt at taking photos on my seemingly always disobedient Iphone (the slide wouldn't work, even after putting sleep on.....)Never a bad thing watching them storm off again though.

So I grabbed the biggest of my livies and sent it out, it was almost grunting in delight. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz my Sustain 10000 screamed and rod buckled over, I knew it was big as I rarely see my Sea Fork try to touch the side of the boat!!! I had just started to head out to the open when it straightened. My 60 pound braid had been shredded above my leader. Even though I didn't get to see it, the thrill of the sight and sound of your gear like that is worth 20 80cm Kings!!!! 8 - 10 secs that makes all of those alarms seem well and truly worth it.

I tried for another 45mins but had to be back at the ramp by 7.30 so had to call it. Was at my desk by 8.30 watching everyone mope around whilst I smirk to myself. I love this city!!!! It was good to get some fish on the carpet again, even better letting my mate Daysie know that I had a top morning after he pulled out late last night.

Cheers

excellent report mate, shame you couldn't get a glimpse of that monster. If you dont mind me asking where did you pick up the yakkas thick and fast?

They are as thick as I have ever seen them in the harbour. If you dont see/hear them (which you will most times) then just berley up with some bread crumbs or dried dog food or fish frames etc etc. and you will bring them to you pretty quickly. Just find stucture and they wont be too far away. I always find it easier when its still dark as they usually congregate on the line of the lights from a bridge and the darkness - always a good spot to lob the first yakka too whilst you are still baiting. At your boat ramp is usually good too, with the lights scenario working there as well.

I tried for another 45mins but had to be back at the ramp by 7.30 so had to call it. Was at my desk by 8.30 watching everyone mope around whilst I smirk to myself. I love this city!!!! It was good to get some fish on the carpet again, even better letting my mate Daysie know that I had a top morning after he pulled out late last night.

Cheers

mate - thats awesome!!!

i just moved into the area (cammeray), so if you want an extra pair of hands or just some company on those early mornings gimme a buzz. i start work at 8:30ish also. couldnt think of a better way to spend a morning !

mate - thats awesome!!!

i just moved into the area (cammeray), so if you want an extra pair of hands or just some company on those early mornings gimme a buzz. i start work at 8:30ish also. couldnt think of a better way to spend a morning !

For sure mate. Just pm me your number and I'll let you know when I'm heading out. I try to go 2 to 3 times a week. Now that the Kings are starting to be a bit more prevelant it can certainly can make for a better days work!!!

A very entertaining read mate. I think we can all sympathize with e single handed antics.

Get back out there and get some revenge.

Cheers

I do laugh out loud sometimes the things that happen when I'm by myself - The 3 kings thatcome from nowhere and circle the boat when you're re-tying, or the bust up of a school when you are dealing with a tangle or treble in a towel!!!! Ha. I went again this morning, was baited up with Yakkas, didn't get any slimies which hurt. Lurked around North Head for nothing. Didn't sound much either. One all!!!!! Beautiful on the water though, very small swell and no wind - contrary to forecast.

Good report mate well done on the kings!!

was out there thursday aswell plenty of kings around was armed with yakkas and got some nice squid but they just didnt touch anything! i was downrigging and still nothing :/ they were following the bait just couldn't entice em ahh wells there's always a next time

By any chance were you in a centre console ?

Cheers Su

Good report mate well done on the kings!!

was out there thursday aswell plenty of kings around was armed with yakkas and got some nice squid but they just didnt touch anything! i was downrigging and still nothing :/ they were following the bait just couldn't entice em ahh wells there's always a next time

By any chance were you in a centre console ?

Cheers Su

Yeah mate, I'm in a Blue Formosa 480. I am going to head out again tomorrow.