purposely soaked by jet skiers on my kayak.

cjchen

I would like to share my experience today, I was fishing in my kayak today in the georges river, 2 young blokes on their jet ski purposely came close like 1m, slows down so he won't capsize me but just to spray me instead, I was soaked, in shock, speechless, luckily it was a hot afternoon and it was quite nice after a while. But! wow, who does that....

Kids who think they are smarts?

I get the odd dauchebags throwing eggs at me while I'm sitting on a pier relaxing with a rod in hand. Pretty brave of them to lob eggs from the road bridge down on me.

Them jet ski boys really don't know that a good flick of the rod loaded with a lure could do them a lot of damage. Silly kids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep, totally illegal and dangerous. Report it to Maritime anyway as they would be regulars on that bit of water.

I was 'dough nutted' by a ski boat when in my sit in yak (I was in the shallows about to get out) and they totally swamped me, knocking me out of the yak, some years ago. REALLY ranting2.gif1badmood.gifmad3.gif to say the least! THey thought it a great joke.

No brains, no consideration to others.

Roberta

Had the same thing happen to me but with boats..

Fishing at west head in the yak and a boat decided to speed past me like 5 m away towing a water skier (who came within a meter of me!!!) and my PA12 completely filled with water and almost sunk... had to make a run for it to the closest land...

Didn't do my sounder much good being soaked like that..

Cheers, Tom

My earliest memory of an encounter with a jet ski was when I was 5-6.... Fishing with dad and my little brother at the mouth of the cooks river 27 years ago...

Jetskiers show up and start thrashing around in front of us, we'll back in those days it didn't take much to piss dad off. So dad marches over to the tackle box and gets out the biggest sinker he had ties it on, walks me and my brother to the Datsun 200B ( which was facing the opposite direction ) puts us inside and tells us to sit down and not to move, first thing we do as soon as he closes the door is get on our knees and peer out the back window....

Dad picks up the 12 footer and starts smashing out what I now know as a big snapper lead. About 4 casts later the sound of jetskis revving around the place faded to silence and so we resumed our peaceful fishing session.

Fishingphase

Maritime and water police do not patrol enough later in the day around the georges these idiots come out with no sense of saftey. i cant tell you how many problems i have had. Someone will be killed again this season, a little harsh but true. These idiots need to piss off out to botany bay the river is too small for fast boats or jetskis.

I should give you my number you can ring me and I'll be at the boat ramp to greet them as. I've had run in with jet skiers when I fished from boats with one in particular a beauty at Bobbin Head. After flying in breaking the no wash limit he flew into the ramp area causing a wave into the side of my boat as I was driving onto the trailer causing me to miss the middle roller guides and taking off gelcoat. When I "politely" appraised his character he let fly with a mouthful and told me I was welcome to discuss it further in the park. His day got increasingly worse from there but I'm sure he's learnt the right and wrong way to behave at boat ramps.

The great majority of jetskiers do the right thing but some just beg for trouble.

Report them. They're meant to keep x amount of metres from you and anyone else in the water. Its the same when fishing off wharves, assholes fishing off their boat see you fishing off the platform so they ride in close and laugh and taunt you. Had it happen to me many times at the wharves on parramatta river and had a few idiots end up with half my spool of braid around their propellers. That is how close they come. They've got 500m width of water and come within 10 metres of the wharf....

We were anchored in pittwater 3 weeks ago right next to the nav marker at Taylors Pt. A 16 year old kid driving the tender from the Motor Yacht Club with 2 passengers swamped our boat and came within 4 metres of us doing 20 knots. He missed the pole by even less. He simply wasn't looking. The water police were called and with 4 witnesses it was not a good outcome for the kid. I kind of felt for him because he was contrite....but it would have been a deadly collision.

I would like to share my experience today, I was fishing in my kayak today in the georges river, 2 young blokes on their jet ski purposely came close like 1m, slows down so he won't capsize me but just to spray me instead, I was soaked, in shock, speechless, luckily it was a hot afternoon and it was quite nice after a while. But! wow, who does that....

Just one of the reasons I now have a video with me each trip..

TC.

Yep, totally illegal and dangerous. Report it to Maritime anyway as they would be regulars on that bit of water.

I was 'dough nutted' by a ski boat when in my sit in yak (I was in the shallows about to get out) and they totally swamped me, knocking me out of the yak, some years ago. REALLY ranting2.gif1badmood.gifmad3.gif to say the least! THey thought it a great joke.

No brains, no consideration to others.

Roberta

Could you please explain what you mean by being "dough nutted" ?

Just curious :1yikes: