Relocation of fish.

spaners

Evening all.Silly question coming up.

If you have caught a couple of legal Bream say out the front on the rocks, on your return to the boat ramp back inside you then decide to let them go.What do they do?

Do they stay on there own,do they join another school or does the local say"sod of you are not one of us" and chase them off or can they" home in" like racing pidgens and find there way back out the front to the reef from where they came.

Its not end of the world stuff but I am just curious.

Regards Stu.

I would say that they would work their way back out like they did when they were small unless they found a good feeding ground close to where you released them. They travel in schools not families so they would join up with the first school they encountered. That's my opinion! I don't think anyone could say for sure. Regards Jeff

A few years back I was out on a friends marlin boat, and for some reason when we got back to the marina, in the freaking HUGE live bait tank was was a rainbow runner, we chucked it in the water and it took off...

Now I wonder what happened to it ??

Fishingphase

Edited by fishingphase

A few years back when I was a tuna boat deck boss, we had a mako pup In one of our livebait tanks eating all the crap off the bottom of the tank, my deckies decided to release him into the ocean again as we were steaming out the heads at Tuncurry just as we were passing the local "rock pool" swiming area.... Wonder what happened to that pup? Lol

I would guess that unless they were migratory/pelagic, they would just move around the locale which they are released. It makes me wonder when say an ant or a bee ends up on my car and I drive to another place. The ant probably never makes it back and has no way of making it back. I'm not so sure about the bee.

Every now and then we get mice at home,we catch them alive and release them in a park on the way to the inlaws 15 k/m away.

we,ve been doing this for 17 years now and each time we catch a new one my wife swears it,s the same mouse that,s found it,s way back home.

I tell you what he is the smartest,fittest mouse i have ever seen.

Cheers.Fabian.

Every now and then we get mice at home,we catch them alive and release them in a park on the way to the inlaws 15 k/m away.

we,ve been doing this for 17 years now and each time we catch a new one my wife swears it,s the same mouse that,s found it,s way back home.

I tell you what he is the smartest,fittest mouse i have ever seen.

Cheers.Fabian.

Start tagging they're ears :)

Fishingphase