Squid = Jews

dhype

Well done - were you fishing in a river, a bay, off a beach? - let's have a few details so that us jewfish virgins can learn from you!

Both fish were caught up the Georges River on the dead low tide.

The challenge yesterday was not catching the jews.. it was catching the squid! Persisted for 2 hours to get 2 squids and coverted these into jews within an hour.

Started using circle hooks and these are fantasic for jewbags...solid corner of the mouth hookups both times and no need to strike. WIN!

Trung

Trung,

I think your biggest talent is convincing the wife that you're doing a 'solo trip' at night....

..and that its to go 'fishing'....

My wife trusts me to go fishing whenever I want, with or without fishing gear because she knows I could never play up on her...

I have a face only a mother can love and my talents make women laugh, rather than make them weak at the knees...

So she knows I'm a no-hoper for womanizing...

So how can you get away with it so easily ?

What if the donuts return and you come home smelling 'normal', ie no squid ink, no fish slime or sea salt ?

Will she question you ?

It's a big risk you're taking :074:

Lucky for the squid ink and jew slime....maybe carry a bottle of it around with you in case you donut.

Well done on a nice catch and the tuna circle hooks you're using - hmm - interesting idea - might just catch on...

Merry christmas mate - gotta catch up some day....

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Both fish were caught up the Georges River on the dead low tide.

The challenge yesterday was not catching the jews.. it was catching the squid! Persisted for 2 hours to get 2 squids and coverted these into jews within an hour.

Started using circle hooks and these are fantasic for jewbags...solid corner of the mouth hookups both times and no need to strike. WIN!

Trung

Trung,

Did you get the squidlies out in the bay or near the bridges?