Forster and Boomerang

niclebum

Hi Raiders,

Just a quick update of what happened during my time in Forster with a mate

One afternoon went for a flick at Forster near the boat moorings and together we caught 3 undersized flattys, 1 nice pike which we kept for the breakwall, 1 flounder, 2 leatherjacket and a legal flatty. We were also astounded at the size of the mullet which were idling under the public wharf. They would've been 60+ cm.

Our next big session was a frustrating 4 hours of trying to catch our first beach worms. we raised so many head and as the arched their backs we'd miss them :ranting2: This session brought out the most amount of swearing which would've scared anyone from the beach.

The last big fishing session was at the break wall where our hopes were high after seeing a guy pull up an 82cm jewwy on a herring. With our bag of herring which we'd collecting an hour before, we lobed them out and after waiting a while, pulled an 80cm shovel nose. We also got good bites on a pike fillet which didn't eventuate to a fish and lost others on the perfect bite size herring we had.

Al in all a really fun fishing trip amongst the surfing and lazing about :thumbup:

post-21110-039920600 1356167009_thumb.jpg

post-21110-058910900 1356167025_thumb.jpg

Hi Nick

Did you get a pic of that Jewie? Well done to the bloke who got him! The breakwall is the most consistent place for jewies, on the change of tide, from about an hour or so before & after.

074.gif074.gifDid I not tell you that Pulling Worms can be frustrating!?? Worth it tho - you had them popping up all over the place, so only a matter of time before you nab your first! Then, you are on your way!

Give me plenty of notice next time you are up & I'll hit the beach with you, & pull some worms! biggrin2.gif

cheerio & Merry Xmas

Roberta

Good to see Forster getting a mention guys looks like you had a good session

Hey Roberta ,my family and i will be up there from xmas day we have a place in Taree st , i just love Forster , so Flickinlures will get some videos for our fellow raiders on what a top spot it is , i had a good little session at the bridge on the Tuncurry side with the chopper tailor with my brother in law a few months back i have also got a nice little spot around near the drop off where i got a couple of 60cm + flatties , we also ran into an old boy there a few years back who showed me a trick to slow the drift through the channels between the leases he lobbed a besser block over the side on a rope he actually had 2 sizes a half block and a full block too funny , he also had 3 big Flatties on board so it obviously worked 1fishing1.gif

"tight lines"

Sounds like you had fun, i feel ya pain on the beach worms i have read roberta's how to pull beachworms but for the life of me i just cant do it, same as you guys get the rise get them nibbling away at the bait and as soon as i go for them like lightnig thier gone :wacko:

Hi Tinny1 - keep an eye open for me in my yak, tho most likely to fish Tuncurry to stay away from the multitude of tinnies that will inundate the lake from boxing day!! 074.gif

Hi One Fishes - keep trying! Once you grab your first one & work out WHY ...... you'll be right!!

Merry Xmas

Roberta

post-2231-073878300 1356227637_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all your replies

Here a photo of the jewwy.. It sure put up a good fight for its size

it aint no monster (almost) but that is perfect eating size and a nice fish no matter which way you look at it well done :thumbup:

Edited by one fishes

Our next big session was a frustrating 4 hours of trying to catch our first beach worms. we raised so many head and as the arched their backs we'd miss them :ranting2: This session brought out the most amount of swearing which would've scared anyone from the beach.

How were you trying to pull the worms?

A trick is to use and old nylon stocking, have you bait in that, hold it to the sand where the worms are popping up, when they grab onto the stocking, they get caught up in the nylon, and its a matter of pulling them out of the sand.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...