LBG - mixed bag

pomey_git

Boxing day in the sun with the Mrs and puppy with a couple of rods....... life is good.

I hope you all had a good Christmas and enjoyed soem time off. :beersmile:

Im back in the office today and it is dead! I mean tumble weed territory, so I thought I would write up about our day yesterday.

We tidied up the carnage from the big day and decided it was too nice not to be outside. My sujetion was a coast trip but it was 2 in the afternoon before we got going. So I loaded up the Magna (all class we are) and popped down to the museum side of Burley Griffen.

There was a bloke there smashing the redfin. Almost every cast :1fishing1: hmmm. this might be a chance to try out what I have heard from you guys and what I have read.

First, get some bread out on a running ledger with my new favourite toy. Circle Hooks! Oh sweet baby jeasus they are awesome for lazy days!!!!!!!!!

Out went 3 light rods. 4-8lb braid mains with 10lb fluro leaders, same trace and a size 4 circle. Rested the rods on my takcle box and let the drag right off.

Now to get my hands on these pearch. I popped a squidgey Wriggler in my Garcia Voyager combo, and started flicking that around on a slow retrieve. I had a few bumps but no hook ups. So I slowed it down a bit more and bumped it over the weed patches. More bumps and to small redfin followed it right in, nipping away. More like they were chasing it off than trying to eat it.

Ok, change of tactic. Diving HB in a dark brown.

Now my partners rod is going off. So I drop everything to coach her. After 5 mins or so she has her biggest fish todate in the landing net. A 50 ish CM carp. (pics to follow)

Eventually I get my first good redfin ashore. They dont half put a struggle for their size! Some serious head shakes. Feel more like atlantic mackeral or a bream. Very healthy and delicous looking fish. hehe.

A couple more casts and im in again. This time its a baby. But fun none the less.

Now its my rod that is going on the takcle box, on the 4lb line.

After a bit of a struggle and nearly loosing my pregnant girlfriend in the lake, we have another good carp ashore.

Things went a bit quiet after that and the pup had destroyed all her toys so we headed home.

All in all. A lovely day. Some one who acctually knew what they were doing would have been smashing it! Highly reckomend the area for ease of access and abundance of fish.

Total tally -

2 x carp

2x Red fin pearch

Thankyou for listening and happy new year.

G'day Pomey git, gr8 to see u got among them at LBG. U have a good fishery right on ur doorstep there.. Keep practicing and u will be the expert with the redfin, which incidentally ,make good eating. Keep us all posted on how u go mate...Big Neil.