Fingal bay fishing

zaki10

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise on any good fishing spots around Fingal bay/port stephens? I'm here at the moment and I wanted to see if anyone can guide me to any good spots? I am targeting whiting, bream, Jew fish and also I would like to know if you can pull any fresh blood worms out of the sand here?

Please either post here or inbox me.

Thank you

Regards,

Zac

Hey mate, i found the south end to be best for whiting and up near the spit for Jew. You can get squid and yackas around the rocky bays further around past the south end.

Let us know how you go.

Mushtaka

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise on any good fishing spots around Fingal bay/port stephens? I'm here at the moment and I wanted to see if anyone can guide me to any good spots? I am targeting whiting, bream, Jew fish and also I would like to know if you can pull any fresh blood worms out of the sand here?

Please either post here or inbox me.

Thank you

Regards,

Zac

If your looking for squid, you can't go past shoal bay. As for Jew, middle rock is the best place at the moment on the ebb to low tide. The breakwall at Nelson fishes well on this part of the tide too. And if you can pick up a boat, the wreck at corlette is worth a go! Wanda Wanda headland is good for whiting and bream and you can pump nippers at corlette beach.

Happy fishing,

Cheers scratchie