Narrabeen, Sunday Am

neilm

Got down to Narrabeen at 06:15 this morning.

Found a nice looking gutter near Tourmaline St. and berleyed up the rip. Cast out a salted pillie, and went back to my tackle box to get some more berley, turned around and the rod was going nuts! Ran down to grab rod and realised that it was a bloody seagull attracted by the berley. Got the bird in and had to cut the line to free it, but managed to retrieve hooks and sinker and excess line.

Tackled up again, sun was well up by this time (and my hopes were going down...),

but ten minutes later hooked up to a 3kg salmon, took a good 10-15 mins to get it in. Returned the fish to the water, and noticed a dog getting too close to where I'd left my rod, what with hooks and all, told the owner to move the dog (which didn't happen) and then ranted about dogs on the beach etc. Dog and owner left quickly!

Only thing after that was a crab...

Left at about 08:45.

" turned around and the rod was going nuts! Ran down to grab rod and realised that it was a bloody seagull attracted by the berley. Got the bird in and had to cut the line to free it, but managed to retrieve hooks and sinker and excess line."

:1welcomeani: Neil.

Mate those gulls really put up afight on light tackle :1clap:

Well done on the sambo.

Cheers

Trev

" turned around and the rod was going nuts! Ran down to grab rod and realised that it was a bloody seagull attracted by the berley. Got the bird in and had to cut the line to free it, but managed to retrieve hooks and sinker and excess line."

:1welcomeani:  Neil.

Mate those gulls really put up afight on light tackle :1clap:

Well done on the sambo.

Cheers

Trev

59191[/snapback]

:074::074: Nice one Trev. :1welcomeani: Neil

Russ

:1welcomeani: to the site.

Sounds like a nice way to spend the morning except for the dog! Sounds like a cattle prod is necessary equipment down at Narrabeen!!!