Port Hacking

Yowie

Fished Gymea Bay near the northern side from first light, and it was dead. Just as I was packing up to move elsewhere on sunrise, the jewie grabbed a pilchard and put up a spirited performance for it's size.

Pumped a few nippers and drifted in various spots for the bream and whiting, not too big but a change from ham.

Many boats about, also waterskiers. The southerly appeared to hit hard just after midday, but I was already home, and I would imagine a big queue-up at the boat ramps.

post-13153-043569000 1356669309_thumb.jpg

Well done mate that's a nice bag of fish. Did you get the jewie unweighted or was it near the bottom?. I was there a week ago and the water skiers get really annoying, sometimes they get within 10 m of the boat. How are the water temperatures this week? Any sign of Pelagics around?

Edited by Krispy !

Good work on a mixed catch dave :1fishing1:

The wind sure did blow up early.

Your not wrong about HAM,just finishing the last of our leg tonight.

Any flatties come aboard ???

Chris.

No flatties Chris, probably more boats than fish out there. Apart from the jewie in Gymea Bay, I only caught one little reddie there as well, just no bites.

Still have half a ham that has not been cut just yet. :wacko:

Edited by yowie

Well done mate that's a nice bag of fish. Did you get the jewie unweighted or was it near the bottom?. I was there a week ago and the water skiers get really annoying, sometimes they get within 10 m of the boat. How are the water temperatures this week? Any sign of Pelagics around?

A pilchard on ganged hooks, sitting on the bottom. I was moving the pillies about for a while, but with no bites I let it sit on the bottom. Was anchored a bit out from the shore and threw the pillie a fair way out from the boat.

The only surface action was the occasional pilchard chasing tiny baitfish, no yellowtail to be caught. Water temperature has warmed a little over the last couple of weeks.