SYDNEY FISHING - 1 WEEK'S WORTH

craigbutcher

HI Raiders,

I had a week off work with no kids for 7 days so I went out chasing both estuary and offshore species.

First good fish of the week came from my dad who landed a BEAST! 46.5cm WHTING ON LIVE NIPPER! Went so hard, looked like a little SOAPY!

post-11981-061075300 1357528352_thumb.jpg

The next day, I went out the 40m mark and sounded up some fish. Heaps of RATS and a couple of good Kings around the 80cm mark. Good fun on relatively light gear.

post-11981-072576600 1357527458_thumb.jpg

We picked up some Makos & school sharks in the berley trails off the MUGS. Lost a beast last night, the MAKO did the death roll and snapped my gaff handle clean off!

post-11981-031550300 1357527495_thumb.jpg

At the start of the holidays, took my little mate from Bondi fishing for Jewfish & Trag. He landed a corker snapper just as the sun set.

post-11981-016117200 1357528418_thumb.jpg

The main issue with the kings was the water was still GREEN AND CHILLY! Need some better warm currents to come down the coast before they really start up!

Butch

post-11981-078878700 1357527380_thumb.gif

post-11981-042795000 1357527547_thumb.gif

Edited by THE BUTCH

Great report Butch - you always seem to find em! One question - where is the MUGS?

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dave,

Give me your mobile and I will text you the GPS MARK tonight when I get into the boat.

It's NE of BLUEFISH POINT, north of the sydney heads.

Butch

You have some nice fish there mate,and your mates snapper is a ripper.What did the snapper weigh?

Cheers Mike

G'day Mike, mate the snapper would have weighed around 4KG, nothing huge, however, good for the young bloke from Bondi!

No scales on the boat to get proper weights!

Hi Butch, great report has usual, well done.

Just a question though, I noticed you do a bit of night fishing, how is it when the NE is blowing or do you plan trips for good forecasts. The reason I ask is because normally its windy in the afternoon and if you say it's bearable I wouldn't mind giving it a shot a myself on my boat.

Thanks.

Hi Butch, great report has usual, well done.

Just a question though, I noticed you do a bit of night fishing, how is it when the NE is blowing or do you plan trips for good forecasts. The reason I ask is because normally its windy in the afternoon and if you say it's bearable I wouldn't mind giving it a shot a myself on my boat.

Thanks.

HI Frank,

Yep it aint pretty out there in the northerly at all! Especially the launch and retrieve!

Plenty of sea sickness tablets for the constant bobbing up and down!

I love it though!

Butch