Jervis Bay / Hyams Beach / Vincentia

Stacer560

hey all, i am heading down in Feb for my first time to Jervis Bay area for a holiday - staying at Hyams beach.

I have been asked to bring my 5.6m stacer runabout down to try and fish / cruise the water ways there.

Just wanted advise on where are good ramps to launch my boat in the vacinity of hyams beach?

Any bays i can launch into off sand - as i have a 4wd?

I know there are marine parks - i am just interested in good ramps to use all tides.

I dont usually drive my boat on, i pull it up/winch it up.

Thanks heaps

thanks heaps obey1.

First time there- i hope it is worth me dragging my boat down there :)

The ramp at the end of jervis bay road looks a bit short at low tide?

There is no wharf there at the moment so if you have people to get on it is quiet difficult, use the ramp at Wollimia.

Cheers

Where do you want to fish? - jervis bay is big! It's a long way, about 13 km, from Huskisson to the Heads and it's reasonably long run of 2km, at 4 kts, from the ramp to the Bay. If you are planning to fish out near the Heads, the Murray's beach ramp in the National Park, is the way to go.

If you want to fish the bay it's self, there is a good rock ledge ramp in Vincentia. Coming from Hyams beach go straight at the roundabout at the Vincentia shops. Take the left after you round the left hand bend. You won't miss it as it's a colder sack with views of the water. Saves all the 4knt stuff and is closer to Hyams beach. Just east of the ramp is a little point with a sand ramp. Heaps of squid in close there and the odd king has been taken there.

• 3 years later...