No moon Prawning

foolforjesus

Hi fellow Raiders,

Been quite some time since my last post, so thought it was time, so here's my last outing!

Hit the Entrance, Long Jetty to be precise for the first time with fellow Raider Hooked up on Thursday night, to have a crack at the mighty prawn for the first time!

Within 2-3 hours, we had at least 1.5kgs of prawns!

I have to say it was a lot of fun, very addictive. Just one more prawn was the feeling I was having all the time!

The plan was to convert the prawns into bream & Flatties.

We managed to crack the bream, but the Flatties seemed to elude us, apart from one very small but prefect dude.

Thanks go out to Lee (Hooked up) for showing me the ropes with the prawns, I for sure will have a go again & again, lots of fun!

We ended up letting the bream we caught go, and also the remainder of the prawns.

I like prawns, fascinating creatures!

I love fishing, learning a lot about new species lately!

Oh yeah, we missed a big Jew by 30 mins or so at the boat ramp...Scales & blood everywhere!

We estimate the fish to have been well over 10kg, judging by the size of the scales!

Tight lines everyone!

It's been the best prawning season for years up here, they have been running since the September dark.

It's a lot of fun with great rewards, fresh live bait and great sandwiches.

They have some very good underwater lights out now with the batteries in the handle witch put out about 700 lum.

You can wade around in the channel which is quite shallow or prawn from a boat which is more comfortable.

This weekend the tide will be good and it will be a week after the new moon, weather permitting

cheers and good luck

Steve