Fishing Jinx

LungFai

Hi Raiders,

It's prawning season and it has always been an annual thing with a close mate of mine to go out and catch us a few kilos of prawns. It's usually 4 of us (the other half joins in on the fun) and we usually get a minimum of 3 kilos between us.

Last Friday i made a slight change to the tradition and invited a work mate to come along, big mistake. I should have remembered the last time i invited the workmate along to a Bonito season and the minute he rocked up the wind changed to a southerly and the rains came.

Needless to say with the workmate along (he brought a few friends also) we got a total of 300 grams or less between 8 people (6 active netters). I should have realised the Jinx was at work the minute we got near the water, my regular mate took a look at the surface and said the tides not running (it should have been running as per the tidal charts). The batteries for the prawning lights gave out after 1 hour in the water and i was only able to hook up to 1 undersized 20cm whiting. We (the regulars) left defeated, the Jinx and his friends has fun though and that is really all that matters :)

Anyone else out there have a fishing partner that brings so called bad luck when they tag along?

Ohh and i know you are reading this you Jinx! :P This weekend looks to be a good one, depending on my mood i may take a drive down south again for a prawn, and get some waders, i don't wanna see them pasty white legs shivering in board shorts again :P

Yeah sometimes I think my boat is, because when I go in my mates boat we always seem to do well, I take my tinnie out to the same spot, do nuts.

I can even anchor up beside him and he still gets more. On the other hand if I go in his boat well we always seem to share the catch.

cheers Steve