Hawkesbury Sat 12/01/2013

HookemDano

I usually fish the bay and despite the lack lusture reports going around, the plan was set during the week with my dad and nephew to hit the Hawkesbury early sat morning. Try a spot for some bream during the run in tide and then hit another spot for some jewies on the runout. Everything was going to Plan, we hit the beach just on 6am spot located just before flint and steel, started a burly trail which consisted of 2 89cent cans of catfood and chicken pellets and it was a matter of seconds before we were on to a nice 32cm bream. Before I can rig my rod, Nephew was on as well to a Breambo just on the keeper side of 25cm. I finnally got to fish 45min after arrival prior to that I was re-rigging and baiting up my nephews rod because the fish he caught swallowed the whole thing down. After 3 hrs of inefficient fishing we managed to boat 10 bream keepers, 3 flat head just over pan sized 35 to 37cm and 2 tailor. Lost another nice flatty at the boat(at least we saw what it was)got busted off once and bitten off twice, bounced back numerous undersized bream. Must say one of the most enjoyable sessions I have ever had. We managed to drag ourselves away at peak high tide and headed to Flint and Steele for a jewy bash. in 30 min we landed another Flatty, 2 undesized Snapper and most likely got busted off by some sought of monster ray as it made a mini run at first and then it was a larthgic fight to the back of the boat where it just sat there and didn't budge and till ping!! gone....We only got to fish Flint and Steel 45 min before the old man claimed full time!! he wanted to go home, I cant say I was disapointed but I know we would of done ok if we stayed...ummm previewing topic I can't see the picture??

Edited by Bream_Snapper_Jew

G'day BSJ,

Mate that's a good effort - cat food and chicken food to catch people food. Good system.

A few bream a few flatties and a crack at a jew while being towed around by a big ray....

Sounds like a good time was had by all.

By the way I have replied to your PM...

Tony