20+ whiting 1hr

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Headed out this morning to my local fishing spot in port stephens with some non fisho family relatives hoping to change there mind. Wanting to get the reels zooming off, i dropped anchor, berleyed up and sat in waiting. Knowing the tides weren't in my favour, I was still hopefull that something big would present itself. Nope, the only thing worth mentioning was a 27cm bream. After an 1hr, I could sort of see the boredom on the faces so it was time for plan B.

I went to my go to spot knowing that we would all get consistent action. Good plan. The wife rings me and says she'll be at the boat ramp in about an hour to meet us! So down go the lines and the action is constant. For a hour fishing in total, between 3 of us, we caught 38 whiting released about 13, 8 squire all released and 3 arrowhead squid (kept for bait) and was back at the ramp before I got in trouble.

All in all, a great mornings fishing and even managed to put a smile on the relo's faces especially after the beer battered fillets were plated.

Tight lines,

Cheers scratchie!post-24974-0-13877100-1358229623_thumb.jpg

Hi Scratchie,

Well done on a good haul of fish, and under such a big load of pressure, both from the relos and the missus.

Sounds like you must be a part-time charter fisho...

..and next time the wife says she'll be at the ramp to pick you up in an hour, tell her the next time she wants to go shopping, you'll be at the car park to pick her up in an hour.

...then RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !! :074:

Tony

Hi Scratchie,

Well done on a good haul of fish, and under such a big load of pressure, both from the relos and the missus.

Sounds like you must be a part-time charter fisho...

..and next time the wife says she'll be at the ramp to pick you up in an hour, tell her the next time she wants to go shopping, you'll be at the car park to pick her up in an hour.

...then RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !! :074:

Tony

Mate I agree! But the amount of fishing she lets me do, I try my hardest to stay on her good side!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey scratchie,

You know I can't complain either cos I get out virtually EVERY weekend and return home at maybe 2:00pm.

Never a complaint do I get from her but all the relos get fresh fish out of it. Greeks never complain with a full stomach.....

We must both be blessed with tolerant wives...

Tony

Hey scratchie,

You know I can't complain either cos I get out virtually EVERY weekend and return home at maybe 2:00pm.

Never a complaint do I get from her but all the relos get fresh fish out of it. Greeks never complain with a full stomach.....

We must both be blessed with tolerant wives...

Tony

Truthfully I think my wife just enjoys me been out the house. Most of the time I take my 2 deckys with me, my two eldest boys 12 & 8.

But I agree, we both lucky for whatever reason!!!

Tight lines,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Great catch , I am heading to port Stephens this week end for a few days just wondering of a good land base spot ?Hope you can help Regards Ritchie

Yeah Ritchie,

Have a look in the chat section at some of the advice I've given others there! There's a few

raiders up here ATM. Hope you all get amongst the fish!! If not pm me!

Cheers scratchie!!!