Towing a tube with a Quintrex Coastrunner

Mutt

I recently bought a Quintrex Coastrunner 475 with a 60hp Yamaha and know it is too underpowered to ski but want to tow the kids (small at this stage!!!) in a tube, do not have ski hooks but there are 2 handles mounted on the transom as well as the 2 bollards at the stern. Would these be suitable to run a ski rope from? Would one be more suited than the other? I don't really want to drill into the transom if I can help it! Thanks...

Mate I have a quintrex renegade with 60hp yamaha and i tow my kids (10,7 and 6) on a tube with it all the time. I just attach a bridle to the grab handles on the back to clear the outboard then attach the tow line to the bridle. Works fine. The load a tube puts on the boat is far less than what a skier does and if your only towing kids around they weigh 3/5ths of bugger all.

I tow two adults on a big ski tube (160kgs) with my old 60hp yammie four stroke and now a 70hp four stroke (445f Haines). A stainless prop made an amazing difference to the available torque especially with the 60. Lots of fun and good for browny points also.

Marlin

I tow kids and adults on a biscuit regularly (sometimes two adults) with a 70 2 stroke on a quintrex 475. No issues, with enough power. When I changed to a s/s prop the biggest improvement was almost non existant cavitation in tight turns which makes a big defferance when your trying to swing the tube around.The fuel consumption also rapidly improved.

Thanks so much, with better fuel efficiency they would probably pay for themselves over time. The kids are just a tad young at the moment so looking forward to towing them round next Summer...