advice on figtree bridge... lane cove side.

James12345

i was thinking of heading down to the reserve under figtree bridge tomorrow for the morning run in... Never fished it before but have heard of some quality fish being caught down there.. probably going to fish pillies, squid and sps... Does anyone know if there are jews under there?? heard of some rumors of quality jews under there... any tips and help would be much appreciated

Mate,

I cant't talk much about the lane cove side...It the shallow sideof the river.

Back a long time ago, I used to live locally and always fished the hunters hill side.

I have seen a 40ish CM snapper pulled from the middle on a pillie bait (not mine unfortunately!

My favourite trick was to lob there in the last hour of the fall.....

There had been giys there all day lashing the water to foam with bog baits and 3oz leads...

I would lob up with a flick rod and Mr Twisters...remember them? 1/4 Jig head/

Quick flick downstream of the eastern bridge pylon ....nice eddie there...

On with a decent flattie...60+

Gone in 20 minutes with the other guys going WTF!!!!!

only every the one fish as I was not being greedy,

Did it on a regular basis.

You might want to give that a try!

Cheers

Chris

Mate,

I cant't talk much about the lane cove side...It the shallow sideof the river.

Back a long time ago, I used to live locally and always fished the hunters hill side.

I have seen a 40ish CM snapper pulled from the middle on a pillie bait (not mine unfortunately!

My favourite trick was to lob there in the last hour of the fall.....

There had been giys there all day lashing the water to foam with bog baits and 3oz leads...

I would lob up with a flick rod and Mr Twisters...remember them? 1/4 Jig head/

Quick flick downstream of the eastern bridge pylon ....nice eddie there...

On with a decent flattie...60+

Gone in 20 minutes with the other guys going WTF!!!!!

only every the one fish as I was not being greedy,

Did it on a regular basis.

You might want to give that a try!

Cheers

Chris

Did you wade out and Which side of the bridge the side (closer to harbour bridge?)

Hi Mackerel,

I've fished the Lane Cove side and found it to be hit and miss. Most success was fishing the northern most part of the sandstone breakwall where it meets the bush.

Fish unweighted baits into the sunken timber on the shore. Forget about casting with heavy sinkers.

Baits I've used have been chicken breast and mullet strips. Use 10lb or lighter line and a bream sized hook like a size 1 circle or baitholder hook.

Good luck

Hi Mackerel,

I've fished the Lane Cove side and found it to be hit and miss. Most success was fishing the northern most part of the sandstone breakwall where it meets the bush.

Fish unweighted baits into the sunken timber on the shore. Forget about casting with heavy sinkers.

Baits I've used have been chicken breast and mullet strips. Use 10lb or lighter line and a bream sized hook like a size 1 circle or baitholder hook.

Good luck

same here

Though I've done alright with a size 4 or 5 sinker cast out to the middle

generally I'll get all the action in about an hour

Have fished in front of the picnic table with blades for flatties as well

Mate,

no need to wade put, its only a short little flick to the eddy.

Let me know how you go

Cheers

Chris

I went down yesterday with some plastics, I was casting onto the western pylon and got a 38 Flathead 2nd cast, with a 4" jigging grub. it was too windy to get some good casts in tho. i was down there the first hour of the run in but the place was left in a mess... A dead undersize tailor on the oysters and lines and rubbish everywhere. Thanks for the advice.

• 1 month later...

i go to school in huntershill and go down under the bridge a little bit. it is very messy but the bream and flattys take the blades i find just covering all the area under there has been successful. make sure your softie in on the bottom and the double flick had worked for me.

cheers jewhunter13