Squid, whiting & a pinch of tailor for good measure

SMn

Hello,

Family outting at Windang last week topped off very nicely with a few Bonnies and some very big squid. Caught my 1st squid, hooked him on a set gangs, I was actually trying for some tailor. People I was fishing with cleaned up using squid jigs.

post-24928-0-41087500-1358462485_thumb.jpg

Next had a crack in the kayak in my local lagoon and had plenty of fun with some undersized bream on very light gear. Landed 7 of the little tackers all released back of course.

post-24928-0-90146100-1358462919_thumb.jpg

That afternoon had the yak out again and scored a beaut 34cm whiting. Great fun on the 45b Alvey I scored for Chrissy. Pic is the squid caught the day before at Windang next to the whiting.

post-24928-0-59235400-1358463249_thumb.jpg

This morning got up at sparrows fart and tried a bit of rock fishing at my local and was rewarded with a 43cm tailor. Bit sketchy bringing it in over the rocks, but got there in the end...

post-24928-0-29189700-1358463558_thumb.jpg

Brilliant morning for it to boot...

post-24928-0-48590100-1358463662_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Have great day!

Good to see a positive report for Windang.I fish the beach & lake occasionally with mixed results.

Was thinking of having a spin off the breakwall but have'nt fished off there before,Is that where you were

getting the squid. Terrigal = Tailor ?

Also good to here about family fishing trips

Cheers Deano

Good to see a positive report for Windang.I fish the beach & lake occasionally with mixed results.

Was thinking of having a spin off the breakwall but have'nt fished off there before,Is that where you were

getting the squid. Terrigal = Tailor ?

Also good to here about family fishing trips

Cheers Deano

Yeh mate thats where we were getting the squid... My relos did really well on pink and orange squid jigs, attached to a weighted float and a chem light. The tailor was off the rocks at Terrigal... Ganged pillie, also score 4 keepers off the beach during the following week on a green surf popper.

Good luck mate!!!

Edited by SMn

Yeh mate thats where we were getting the squid... My relos did really well on pink and orange squid jigs, attached to a weighted float and a chem light. The tailor was off the rocks at Terrigal... Ganged pillie, also score 4 keepers off the beach during the following week on a green surf popper.

Good luck mate!!!

Thanks for the info,Still hav'nt fished the breakwall yet,but gives me another option if having a quiet day.

Dean