Three Acres Of Salmon 26/07!

REKLESS

Gidday all,

every Tuesday I get to visit some restaurants at Bondi.Any way I had a look out from Ravesis there and could see a school of salmon working off the Northern point.Drove out to the car park at Ben Buckler Head and it turns out that the birds I saw were only working a tiny portion of a Massive shoal of Salmon. :1yikes:

From the way they were feeding it appears that they were feeding on "Eyes" or the like ,ie they were just swimming and "slurping".These fish were like a blanket in the whole area and were "cycling" ,that is alternating between sounding and feeding on the surface but staying in the same area. Anyway I dropped into Ottos on the way home and he mentioned that there were schools of salmon stretching from Longreef right through to North head,-no mention of any in the harbour though.

While I was there I managed to pick up a "secret weapon" for the salmon,with any luck I might get to show some of you guys," it", on the seventh at clontarf (if I can get a ride on a boat that is).

Simon

Guest bluecod

Simon,

Good to hear they have showed up in numbers. Do you want me to put you down in the social columns as a deckie looking for a boater??

Edit: I've marked you down as a Deckie anyway!

Edited by bluecod

Guest fishrunner

bream have been very quiet of late2-3 fish per 8hrs for the boat with more trevally every where(not a bad thing at really).Been hard work lately, though salmon are on the edge bout to flow over I would like to believe, hope this weekend pans out well.

I'll be round the heads somewhere.

cheers and cold beers

brad

Man i would take trevors over bream anyday... fight better, taste better, cheaper at the fish markets.... Are they abouts in Sydney Harbour? Every time i try to get them all i get are acres and acres of Slimies. And they don't taste good at all.

Guest bluecod
i dont mind slimeys if you bleed em and eat them straight away.

59867[/snapback]

I can't eat them that fresh - they've got to be iced down for a few hours to firm them up a bit. :074::074:

I'll be chasing them in the harbour tomorrow on fly. I hope they're around 'cause there's no bream around to have as a back-up plan.

:1naughty: ,

Hey Swoffa ,you see, this is what you get when you get to go fishing while all of us poor bastards are busy paying taxes for the Government to spend on creating white elephants like desal plants. :1badmood: .

I am going out on saturday to catch all the ones you missed on thursday. :biggrin2:

simon