Middle Harbour any luck ?

Kingfish1999

Hi guys

Been in middle harbour about 20 times hoping for a kingie no luck so was just wandering if anyone could give me any advice. Also probs goin out this weekend but mite just go for bream flaties with sp any particular sp I should be using and any spots would be great.

Cheers Ethan13

Edited by Ethan13

A few mates have hit middle harbour and the rats are in plague proportion with a few unstoppables mixed amongst them. There is also salmon and tailor mixed throughout the area. Try and get some squid and or yakkas, find a drop off with structure nearby and wait.

Sorry I cant give you any spots as I havent fished the area for several weeks, all these reports have come 2nd hand from mates.

Dan

Hey mate,

i was out in middle harbour yesterday and just followed the birds around all day flicking small metals through the fish busting up.. easy way to pick up a few bonito, salmon etc. you could try throwing out a bigger softplastic (7 inch or bigger) with a decent jighead and dropping that below the surface action then retrieving up for kingies.

im no expert either, but could well work for you. either way the surface fish are great fun on light gear.

enjoy

No luck on the kingies yet mate but the tailor, salmon and bonito are definitely there. One of the boys even managed a mac tuna today too. We've been focusing on surface action only though so the kingies could be there, just swimming deeper.

Good luck!

Cheers

Paul

I am heading out in the morning for a few hours. I will try sugarloaf, Seaforth area and out to Balmoral area. Get bait there or centurion. Will try fresh squid caught recently with a live bait and srip bait of yakka, pillie or slimie. Might even drop a big plastic below any surface action. Will put up a report after. Haven't really fished MH much as give it a wide berth usually until school holidays are over. I will try my favorite spot at prime time. I like any deep water spots in MH on top or bottom of tide. Moon phase is excellent right now.

Mike

Hit middle harbour yesterday morning. Saw the "Yak" boys. Gee you boys are keen! It looks like hard work....even with pedals and a sail!

Anyway.... Get fresh squid Ethan and fish the structure and prepare to get smoked. We did.It is clear there are some big fish about! You could spend the whole day chasing the schools of salmon and bonito,but getting them to eat your offering is a whole other story :-(

Good luck!

I've hit the Harbour around 4 times with fellow Raider "Hooked up" in the past 4-6 weeks, last session was Australia day.

We haven't had a single touch! Had no problems finding the squid, just couldn't find any Kings.

Rat Kings in plauge proportions?

Fished the usual spots, that usually produce...Any advice, only one King being caught on my mates boat this season.

I think its been a real hit and miss. Ive tried a few land spots only for salmon. This weather isn't helping. I was out yesterday morning, plenty of baits to be caught, plenty of bait fish swimming around but nothing at all. No salmon, no tailor, no nothing. The only sign of life were about the 100 leather jacket I caught trying to catch live baits + the annoying ****** sweep which pinch the burly off the surface.

I've had luck on Kings in between moorings near the spit and back up near sugarloaf, I have not caught any rats yet, they have even been smack on legal or up around 70cm mark. Need to be mobile and move a fair bit, seem to get hook ups on the incoming tide.

Matt