20 whiting guaranteed

Scratchie

G'day raiders!!

Have had a few messages of late from a few raiders heading up to the lovely port stephens!

Due to work commitments was way for the start of the week but managed to take a fellow raider out this arvo Hunter111. With the promise of showing him a few spots to take his children out too, the pressure was on, nah no pressure, fellow raider they understand its fishing.

Ok..... So with pride on the line, we headed straight to my goto spot. Wind, weather and tide good. And what a relief, the fish decided to play ball. After I boated 5 in a row and the fish making me look good, it was time to live upto my promise of 20 in an hour. Hunter111 then was into the action and it was constant for the hour, with 5mins to go the count was 18, so needed to more. We managed the next 2 but was about 2mins outside the hour mark. Not bad!!!

Then to my Jew spot!!! All signs were looking promising except for a kayak drifting in my spot! So after waiting for him to move, out went the pick. For the first hour we had a couple of pickers, a soapy to 35cm but still waiting for that tide change. With limited bait and time running out the big gun goes zzzzzzzzz, picked it up......O. Damn it. The 5mins later, zzzzzzzzzz waited set the hook, yeah, yeah I think........noooooooooooooo the braid caught around the motor. As I was trying to release the line it released the fish. Damn it!!! Time to head home, but a great arvo's fishing with a fellow raider and he took home a feed, found some new spots. All good.

Sorry no pics was too dark when we got in!

Cheers scratchie!!!

That is amazing scratchie! Big call for saying 20 in an hr but its great to see the proof is in the pudding. About the jewie, I haven't had any experience but do you have to wait for the fish to take line for a whole 5 minutes?

Sorry, in the typing!!! Two different hook ups, first one I dropped, second I hooked but hooked the motor with it!!!

And yeah, I let them run for a bit, cos in my experience you get a better hook up rate. They swallow the bait as they move off.

Cheers scratchie!!!

It was a very nice evening. Scratchie was true to his word on the whiting but I was very disappointed to not catch the 26kg jewie he had promised..... Next time.

Thanks for your hospitality mate. There is a box in my car that belongs to you so send me your address and I'll drop it off.

Also thanks for not being a serial killer or internet trawling rapist. My wife was glad I came home.

Yum! That is very cool. On ya for showing another raider that's what it's all about... Bloody unlucky about the second run on the big set up hunter111 would have thought you are a fishing god if you pulled a nice jewie too. Well so would have I!

Hey Scratchie, thats very Impressive. I will be going up to Port stephens/nelson bay for the first time (staying at little beach) in the next week. I was wondering if you could give me some pointers on general areas to try for whiting and jew.

I dont need your "go to spot" I'm sure you would like to keep it a secret, but something I can entertain the wife and kid and overseas guests with (so they dont get bored and never want to come fishing again!). It's such a big area, im worried I could go to wrong spots and either bore them to death or worse, be in a dangerous area. I am aware of the protected areas though!.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey Scratchie, thats very Impressive. I will be going up to Port stephens/nelson bay for the first time (staying at little beach) in the next week. I was wondering if you could give me some

pointers on general areas to try for whiting and jew.

I dont need your "go to spot" I'm sure you would

like to keep it a secret, but something I can

entertain the wife and kid and overseas guests

with (so they dont get bored and never want to

come fishing again!). It's such a big area, im

worried I could go to wrong spots and either

bore them to death or worse, be in a dangerous

area. I am aware of the protected areas

though!.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have sent u a pm! Any dramas let me know!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hey Scratchie! Thats an awesome catch! Wish I went out with you guys, only managed a few fish sessions over there and it really sucked my way lol :( Ah well such a large expanse of water it was difficult to really find the landmark locations! THANX for all the tips anyways mate much appreciated :) I'll cya out there one day!

nice work scratch no wonder you dont have time to answer my calls anymore you've started a charter,true to his word you will catch fish if you hook up with scratch and its good to see you:ve got time for fellow raiders, thats not easy with a family of six and a busy workload you're a legand

:)