Live bait at Nelson Bay

wahoo76

Hi guys

Heading to Port in a couple weeks with the family. Will be doing a heap of fishing in the bay with the Mrs and kids. Want to target Jews hard in side and wanted to know where to get bait from. I normally get slimies/yakkas at Tomaree when i go outside but is there anywhere closer or south of the marina as that's the way I will be going?

Also squid, I beleive Shoal Bay is the spot I think. Can anyone confirm? Or suggest anywhere else.

I got a couple of Jews/ banjos/ hammerheads near the Ancorage marina last year so I'm starting with that as my Jewie spot. I hear Karuah bridges produce also.

Thanks for reading and hopefully some info to share.

Tomaree is the #1 spot for yakkas, slimies and at times squid. You can get yakkas off the nelson bay marina. You need to burley hard though. For Squid ,Barnes Rocks on the north side is my spot but you can get them in shoal bay and off the nelson bay breakwall at times. Tomaree is definitely your best bet though...

Cheers, Tom

Hi guys

Heading to Port in a couple weeks with the family. Will be doing a heap of fishing in the bay with the Mrs and kids. Want to target Jews hard in side and wanted to know where to get bait from. I normally get slimies/yakkas at Tomaree when i go outside but is there anywhere closer or south of the marina as that's the way I will be going?

Also squid, I beleive Shoal Bay is the spot I think. Can anyone confirm? Or suggest anywhere else.

I got a couple of Jews/ banjos/ hammerheads near the Ancorage marina last year so I'm starting with that as my Jewie spot. I hear Karuah bridges produce also.

Thanks for reading and hopefully some info to share.

Will send u pm!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!