1st Whiting on surface lures

Kooks

Hi Raiders,

As a chritmas gift for myself I decided to get a ultralight combo to see what all the fuss is about Whiting on surface lures. So I ended up getting a Diawa Laguna 2-8lb 7 ft graphite rod and matched with a Diawa Laguna 2500 reel and loaded it with 4lb nanofil. I bought an Atomic Hardz K9 Walker 60mm to chuck around. So I spent a few days up in Coffs harbour chasing whiting. I had plenty of Whiting following the lure but no strikes. I wasn't really digging the action of the atomic as it has a bit of a sickly side roll on it. So to cut a long story short I caught nothing.

So i decide to get a new lure when I came back to sydney. On advice of a helpful bloke at the tackle store I bought a Bassday Sugarpen 70mm. So on Australia day I decided to give it a test down at Gunnamatta in the Shire. It was a super low tide that day So there were plenty of flats to wander around. Right out of the box the lure worked treat. 1st cast and I'm on to a whiting. Next cast I had a few hits but no hook ups then about 20 min later I'm in to another. That was it for the day but I'm enjoying my progress from bait to lures over the past year.

Here's my lure.

post-12654-0-37704200-1359366743_thumb.jpg

I have a ton of questions that I've put in the chat section so I don't want to clog up the report section.

http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=67297

Cheers

Kooks

Edited by Kooks

Yeh I'm loving the ease and how low impact it is. Normally I'm live baiting off the rocks.

Any locations you could offer up.

Some place I have penciled in to check out.

• Rose bay sand flats.

• I spotted some sand flats at San Soci

• narabeen lakes