harbour flick in the wind

Hi guys I went out for a flick in the harbour on friday last week and didnt arrive until around lunchtime because of domestic duties, by the time I arrived the wind was just starting to pick up but I decided to give it a shot anyway. the fishing was very slow with quite a few small picks at the plastic and no hookups. I only managed 2 fish but what I lacked in quantity I made up for in quality. The first fish came after about 2 hours when a solid flathead finally grabbed the lure and after a nervous battle with 6lb vanish leader I finally netted a beautiful 60cm fish. the second fish came about 1 hour later on the very first cast at a new spot, it hit like a train and sped off peeling line from the reel at a great rate of knots and I immedietly thought jew but the head shakes felt a little different then the fight became very different also and it just slugged away down deep in a slow moving way that made me then think maybe a big lizard. I was pleasently surprised when a flash of pink surfaced and a very nice 45cm snapper came up!! I whipped the water to foam with my casting after that for the next 1/2 hour but that was all, anyway I went home very pleased with my efforts.

I also caught 7 flathead at wisemans ferry the week before on plastics but didnt take any photos - sorry. those fish were caught at the windsock and they were all around the 50cm mark.

pete[

attachment=76028:IMAG0242.jpg]

post-8689-0-20742600-1359603902_thumb.jpg

Edited by tide'n'knots

Nice one, Pete!! 2 VERY nice fish for your efforts!! Your FAV spot at Wisemans works again, too! "D

Bucketing with rain here just now, as I suspect it is in Sydney too, with that nasty change! :ranting2: Getting sick of this rain!!

Well done

Roberta