Botany Jew

Nutz4Fishin

Heading out for a bit of night fishing in the georges river one night this week on my new boat. Hoping to land my first Jew on it although have no idea what I am doing. I have never targeted them before.

I have a few places in mind that I want to try but other than that I got nothing. Should I be using live bait? If so where I can find it. I will be more than likely putting the boat in at bonnet bay.

Any little tip would great. Not looking for every detail but just something to get me started would be tops.

Thanks in advance

Cammo

Forget Bonnet Bay go that little bit further and get to the hole in the wall at Sylvania Waters it will make your start a bit closer to the bay.

Shoot straight over to La Perouse and have a dig for squid around Bare Island, yakkas in close to Molineaux Point or squid around the weed beds off silver beach.

Then either anchor up near the end of Molineaux, around the drums (or in closer) at Kurnell or head back to Captain Cook and try and get a spot near one of the pilons. I've had reasonable success at all three recently.

Dave

Look for a few things on the sounder. Deeper holes, drop offs adjacent or near structure (ie; Off a rockwall) , Things like Wrecks, or big submerged rocks/boulders. Bridges are also a great starting point. In and around the pylons is best. Basically, find bait and structure (deep water is another factor) and you'll be in with a shot. You'll often be able to mark jewies on the sounder too. Depending on what your sounders like, You'll either find a blob or arch near the bottom. If its near structure, with bait around then chances are it's a jew.

Get ready for the start of your jewfish obsession. They truly are an addictive fish!

Hopefully you find out why sooner rather than later!

Cheers, Tom

Edited by mulloway man