what hull is this?

piratesgold

I am looking at this boat, and cannot determine what make it is, its 5 mtrs, the rego gives no make but sea line as a model. Discussions have it as a Clarke, or a Quintrex, I favor the latter as I am sure I have seen the transom braceing before on a quinnie. Can anyone help with information? I need to size a motor for it, and don,t want to over horsepower it. 2.1 Mtrs across the transom. Thanks guys, Pirate

post-15713-0-17292300-1360460310_thumb.jpgpost-15713-0-64215900-1360461014_thumb.jpgpost-15713-0-84858400-1360461161_thumb.jpg

Did you actually measure the boat , from the photos it looks more like 4.6.

A boat of that size could take a 50 or perhaps a 60hp motor.

Check with Huey , he may reconise the name.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

hi im pretty sure you measure the boat along the bottom of hull only.

Either bow to top on the transom or bow to the bottom of the transom are accepted by Maritime.

Most manufactures use the longest of the two so they can badge the boat with the larger number.

Geoff

Thanks Guys,I measured from Bow tip to top of transom, and NJ & Huey, I think you are spot on, I Googled a bit on Brookers, and a lot of the features and details match the Discovery 5.0, mine would be a much earlier version or similar, the sides are clinker ribbed not smooth, as it the bottom, but basically the same. Now the work starts on a refurb, tig up a couple of cracks and then a clean down and squirt of paint, and build some sort of console arrangement, bimini, figurehead etc. will run a topic on the rebuild. thanks again Guys....Pirate

Edited by piratesgold

• 6 months later...

Thanks guys, the seating came about when i put a seat on an sky to get the height right, ,,,,,,,,then the little light came on over my head, why install pedistal seats and find somewhere to put the esky. Took a bit of time to find the right one, the seats are on locking swivels. The trailer is 60% new. I am really pleased with it all the windscreen is great, you could put a candle on the dash, scary moment folding the acrylic though, a one chance thing!