Chasing Ghosts

CarlRak

Raiders,

Quick report from a fairly long session/mission/dose-of-silence.

After 2 weeks of solid work I was itching for the above (I spend all day every day talking to people), so drove 5 hours up the coast, found a likely looking spot or two and hatched a plan.

I flicked plastics for an hour at some seemingly interesting water only to have them shredded by tailor in the middle of the day. Too much sun for the target I think.

post-18853-0-95903600-1361240998_thumb.jpg

Then spent a few hours fishing little worm baits for 4 solid whiting and 3 keeper bream. The bite was sustained but most fish were undersized.

An hour before dark and close to the low tide change I moved spots and rigged up a heavier rod with a big diving minnow. Changed minnows a couple of times as they were bumping the bottom. Settled on a Killalure Jewie 150 again and told myself to focus for a bit longer.

Right on dark some heavy cloud had blackened the sky, the first drops of a shower were coming down and my lure stopped dead in its tracks 15 metres out from the hole. Then the drag started to peel and I started to squeal.

post-18853-0-11342100-1361241023_thumb.jpg

Again, not a big fish at 68cm, but I was pleased that my little plan came to fruition. Fished for another hour for no result.

Packed my gear up, walked the kilometre back to my car and settled in for a long drive home. All up a 19 hour round trip.

Called Chief Foodie Dave the next day and he whipped up some mean curry paste to grill the fish in with some meaner coconut cream based sauce to go over the top.

post-18853-0-29950800-1361241058_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Nibbles

Nice report nibbles, the old 150 does it again!

Ive been using the red headed white one of late, which colour worked you?

Yep, same one. But have caught fish on the gold colour too.

Hi nibbles that fish looks very tasty bet it went down a treat.

Any jew caught on lure is an awsome effort great work mate.

Chris.

Tasted amazing, Chief Foodie Dave/Dirty Dave is amazing in the kitchen. Thanks for the kind words.

Well done Nibbles :thumbup:

All your efforts payed off!

Nice work!

Ian

Big effort mate.. You deserved it

Thanks, you don't think about the effort when you're catching fish, hehe.

Well done Nibble & a nice reward for effort.

How good does that gutter look?!! :1yikes:

I'm sure you will pull many more bigger fish from there.

Cheers,

Grant.

Totally. As i walked over the head and saw it I just giggled to myself.

Well done mate congratz on the work! Just wondering what rod do u have matched up with the stradic?

Thanks mate, it's a Samaki Allure Surf 10' . Just wanted something reasonably light and cheap that I could throw bigger lures with and not be worried if I bashed it round the rocks a bit. It's rated 12-25lb and cast weight of 2-4 ounces (which i think is 56-112g).

Well done mate could be wrong but looks like Foster to me or there abouts, on a hard bodied lure what a champion congrats

Yeah not too far from Foster, but "far" is relative. Thanks for the kind words, sorry i'm staying tight-lipped.

Mate that that is a great fish. A little bigger from your last report. Any text from the wife to go with this one? Well done mate.

Hehe, nah but she chatted via viber to me (or at me) for hours on the drive home, was like having someone in the passenger seat. So much for silence.

Great fish, im only a little jealous.

Thanks mate.

wonderful job mate gotta love that feeling when you see color through the water and you see its a jew, gotta be one of the best feelings = )

Best I've experienced, fishing, so far.