tasmanian devils good on whiting!

jewhunter13

went out for a quick fish yesterday afternoon under the gladesville bridge in sydney harbour. Took my 12 foot rod down to rig it up for a jew and a smaller rod rigged up for the little herring on the tasmanian devil but before i could land and herring i was onto the 40cm - 47cm whiting. all fought resonably well but nothing major. ended up with a good dinner :banana: :banana:

cheers james

age 15

Edited by jewhunter13

WOW!! you can strip a Tassie Devil for bait? Sweet!! When next i am in Tasmania i am soooo going to fillet the road kill for bait :devil:

Ohh and grats on the Whiting :D

Hi Lung Fai,

Are you kidding?

James doesn't mean the real Tasmanian Devil for bait, but a certain shape of fishing lures called tasmanian devil, you can google it up.

Andy

Mate,

My favourite words are "What if".

I catch whiting quite regularly - personal best is 48cm but only on bait.

Have caught heaps of 45's too...

I'm gonna unearth some of my old tassie devils and give them a shot on my spots....

They have some weight so I can cast them.

What if.....indeed...a plan is hatching

Thanks Jewhunter13....

I'll let you know if they work in the bay...

Tony

A pic would be awesome, that is for sure! I've often wondered about Tassie Devils & Salt water fishing - they DID make a metal one that casts a mile ...... but my line broke at the time & it went 2 miles instead! :1yikes:

I hvae some tiny ones that might work with Bream - and reckon the bigger ones should work with flatties!?

Anyone else tried the FW ones in SW?

CHeers

Roberta

Mate,

My favourite words are "What if".

I catch whiting quite regularly - personal best is 48cm but only on bait.

Have caught heaps of 45's too...

I'm gonna unearth some of my old tassie devils and give them a shot on my spots....

They have some weight so I can cast them.

What if.....indeed...a plan is hatching

Thanks Jewhunter13....

I'll let you know if they work in the bay...

Tony

there was one coming in at 47cm and the rest 40-45ish i think i got the mother whiting!!

i think that i was just there at the right time and the fish were desperate for a feed!!!

congrats mate- It doesnt surprise me to hear that you got one that big around gladesville, I have caught plenty while fishing for jew with full squid , never measured them but some would be around 2lb and fat as a coke bottle. there are some real crackers in that area. One day I will go to the trouble of getting some live worms and having a serious go for them. congratulations.

pete.

congrats mate- It doesnt surprise me to hear that you got one that big around gladesville, I have caught plenty while fishing for jew with full squid , never measured them but some would be around 2lb and fat as a coke bottle. there are some real crackers in that area. One day I will go to the trouble of getting some live worms and having a serious go for them. congratulations.

pete.

very true pete the small sand flats and weed beds hold heaps in shallow water and they are hungry if you get them at the right time..

have you had any luck on the jewwies around gladesville?

cheers james

very true pete the small sand flats and weed beds hold heaps in shallow water and they are hungry if you get them at the right time..

have you had any luck on the jewwies around gladesville?

cheers james

gday james, I have caught heaps of jew in that area and the whiting that I have caught are in about 80foot of water!!

pete

• 2 weeks later...