My first LUCKY king .

fish311

Hi Raiders

Some of result on Jan 2013 . My first King in my life , so happy & LUCKY as well I think around 4kg , Landbased , open water @ sydney harbour , I used 7ft Abu Veritas 10kg rod , pflueger patriarch 9540 reel , 14lb braid main line , 20lb fluoro leader . I took around 20min to fight with my first king , finally hooked up , After 5min the other rod hooked up around 2.5kg Flat. Last weekend also hooked up 4kg + flat @ botany by boat . Long time no up date from here , hope every one have lovely new year and fishing safety always .

G'day Fish311,

Nice kingy - especially for a first fish.

And nice flatties too - don't worry about the size of the fish.

The skill of the cook is what determines whether or not a legal fish is worth keeping for food.

I have experimented with many types of fish deemed by others as inedible.

Pike, sweep, seargeant baker, bonito, rock cale to name a few.

The pike need to be cooked a little longer so the flesh firms up a bit and they taste very nice.

Seargeant baker have two sets of lateral line bones so when they are cut out, the remainder make tasty fried fillets...

Bonito need to be bled 'n' BBQ'd. Rock cale are the same as the blackfish except some individual fish have too much iodine..

The only fish I will always release are rubberlip morwong and sharks.

I can't get rid of the iodine taste which I hate so much...

So to release a fish because it tastes OK but not as good as something else doesn't make sense to me, but each to their own.

Releasing any fish because of biological reasons makes more senseto me and that is at the discretion of the angler...

Well done mate - bet you're hooked now....

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

I hate Morwong too but with shark, once you skin and fillet it, wrap it in cheese cloth and leave it in the fridge overnight

the next day, all the red iodine will have been drawn to the surface and into the cheesecloth. cut it out and away you go!

and to the OP: well done on a nice catch mate!

G'day Fish311,

Nice kingy - especially for a first fish.

And nice flatties too - don't worry about the size of the fish.

The skill of the cook is what determines whether or not a legal fish is worth keeping for food.

I have experimented with many types of fish deemed by others as inedible.

Pike, sweep, seargeant baker, bonito, rock cale to name a few.

The pike need to be cooked a little longer so the flesh firms up a bit and they taste very nice.

Seargeant baker have two sets of lateral line bones so when they are cut out, the remainder make tasty fried fillets...

Bonito need to be bled 'n' BBQ'd. Rock cale are the same as the blackfish except some individual fish have too much iodine..

So to release a fish because it tastes OK but not as good as something else doesn't make sense to me, but each to their own.

Releasing any fish because of biological reasons makes more senseto me and that is at the discretion of the angler...

Well done mate - bet you're hooked now....

Tony

Thanks Tony , I love fishing , but I m not really love to eat fish , because i m not really good for cook . haha ... Thank for sharing with me . Hope you have a good catch as well .

Well done on the king and flatties mate, in my opinion if the fish is legal then it's nobodies business whether he kept it or not, if you like to release big flatties good on you, but you can't force anyone to do the same.

Nicely put Krispy - Same old issue comes up every time a larger than "normal" flattie picture appears. :1wallbash:

Well done F331 :thumbup:

Blood Knot