Warragamba overflow

puppydawg

Hi I live on river road on the Leonay end and have seen loads of fish jumping out of the water. They are mullet, herring or rainbow trout can't really tell as they jump on the other side. But since the rain and the dam there have been loads of fish jumping out of the water but the water is really brown at the moment and will clear in a couple of days.

Edited by Ethan13

Anyone who puts a boat in this weekend has rocks in their head. There is a ton debris floating on the surface and just under the water. There was some twits water skiing on Sunday, I was waiting to hear the sirens going and the care flight chopper overhead. The river will settle in about 2 to 3 weeks as there is still mega litres of runoff flowing into the catchments.

The colo was the highest I have seen for many years with lots off crap floating out. When she settles down there will be good fishing from Lower Portland ramp right through to Colo Bridge.

A good spot to try is Yarramundi Bridge for bass, perch and the odd trout that gets over the weir. Just be careful, one young guy lost his life there last year.

Jeff