chasing luderick sydney harbour

jkm1667

The DFC was back in full swing ripping up Sydney harbor on the weekend conditions weren’t the best

But that didn’t stop this bunch of die hards.

The el presidente was off to a flying start landing the first couple as always then disaster stuck, with eye

and Vision troubles struggled to see his float which disadvantaged him greatly and gave us the upper

hand.

Dan was out cracking his old cane rod which got a good workout with some big fish, good to see him out

With the boys before he starts his home detention (any time now). Speaking of home detentions Adrian

Should have almost served his time by now it would be good to catch up with him again.

Trev was his cheeky self trying to convince me that the bunnies had half a chance against the mighty

Roosters I quickly explained to him that they have bugger all chance.(did he forget round one last year ?)

And after a lot of coercing I finally secured a $5 lottery ticket from him. (I bet he wont sleep well this

Week).

This week rory was very quiet for his standards (smiles all round) it may have been the hoodoo of a new

Rod. (Hope he brings it next week), although he did manage the fish of the day late on which went

Around the 40 mark.

It leaves me now with the founding member of the DFC Paul who today absolutely murdered them,

Must have put a dozen in the net and from my knowledge didn’t have one infringement.( trev may

Have other thoughts).

All in all another great day out with the boys chasing blackies around Sydney harbour, it wasn’t easy

In the wind and we had to move a few times to find them.

Cheers to all… (the refreshment officer)

ps..Forgot to mention the upgrading of the board room.. thanks to Rory

post-23515-0-67611800-1362356319_thumb.jpg

post-23515-0-32524300-1362356340_thumb.jpg

That's a great result for the really bad weather we've had guys.... yes I think i am due to an outing soon.... :) Wife has been promptly still grounding me so Hopefully an outing this weekend will be good. I attempted to make two floats while in detention but sadly they sink like rocks, Note to check boyancy before making floats next time. Anyway I will be really keen to fish soon so catch up with you then. As for Daniel.... enjoy every outing you can. That day pass is gonna get harder and harder to acquire afterwards..... Hope to catch up with a fish with you before then .

cheers

grounded Ad

Guest hawkesbass

Ah john you forget quickly the last meeting between the bunnies and chooks last year and who got too within one game off the grand final but enough off the footy talk it was another good day out in trying conditions with some goodfish landed im feeling better so this weekend i will on my game a bit better

Nice report as usual John. Yes it was a great day out and honours to Paul & Dan ( bet ya Paul has still got a big grin on his face :D ) and yes I had a quiet one this w/end I was just resting my arms, they were a bit sore from the previous weeks fishing plus i was only fishing 2ft deep most of the day with no bait, pretty much just resting up for next week :fisher:

It was a top day & after being out of it for the last few outings with hardly any fish being caught, I finaly got my mojo back again & it felt so good. I like to give a special thanks to Rory who made up a stainless steel filleting table for the DFC and I reckon when Royce's eye gets better, he is gonna come back with a vengence & the master is gonna give us boys a lesson in blackfishing we will never forget.

Paul

It was a top day & after being out of it for the last few outings with hardly any fish being caught, I finaly got my mojo back again & it felt so good. I like to give a special thanks to Rory who made up a stainless steel filleting table for the DFC and I reckon when Royce's eye gets better, he is gonna come back with a vengence & the master is gonna give us boys a lesson in blackfishing we will never forget.

Paul

You can put your bottom dollar on Royce making up for it Paul, and cheers for the thanks mate all good, if your gonna catch fish in style may as well fillet them in style too

That stainless steel filleting table was tops Rory. I can see maybe a side business coming up for you here. Also can double up as a beer table. All we have to do is score some bar stools now :bar:

Sounds like a plan mate, i will start looking around for some they can`t be to hard to find until then we will have to see the refreshment officer for a trial beer table run.

Good going boys. I went out last Tuesday and came home with a plain donut. Not one down. First time in a very, very long time. Loads of kelp and storm water debris, plus the swell was too big for outside. Oh well. I have found a flanno in one of the clothing bins, so I am halfway to managing the harbour dress code. One day.........

That one big pile of blackies, how did you cook them?

luderick_angler smokes them absolutely marvelous.

i fry them in a little olive oil and margerine sprinkled with lemon pepper thats after they've been filleted,does me.

luderick_angler smokes them absolutely marvelous.

i fry them in a little olive oil and margerine sprinkled with lemon pepper thats after they've been filleted,does me.

Filleted, garlic and chilli mixed in with egg before crumbing them then pan fried in olive oil, just made myself hungry thinking about it.

Even though it wasn't a bad haul of blackies Stormy, we still had to go hunting for them. We just don't rock up to a place and they are there as a lot of people think. A lot of K's are put in to find them. If we don't get a fish in the first hour or so we move on. On a typical Sunday's outing by the time I pick up John & Royce & if we have to go chasing weed and finding fish, I can do between 200 to 250K round trip. We work hard for our fish & on most occassions the rewards pay off.

Even though it wasn't a bad haul of blackies Stormy, we still had to go hunting for them. We just don't rock up to a place and they are there as a lot of people think.

I do know this. Almost 50 yrs of experience has taught me this :)

Good going boys. I went out last Tuesday and came home with a plain donut. Not one down. First time in a very, very long time. Loads of kelp and storm water debris, plus the swell was too big for outside. Oh well. I have found a flanno in one of the clothing bins, so I am halfway to managing the harbour dress code. One day.......

Current memberships available

6 months $14

18 months $51 which includes a free DFC beanie

24 MONTHS GOLD MEMBERSHIP $93 includes beanie, flannie, stubbies. Limited positions get in early.

No rat bags.

Guest hawkesbass

Where was the congratulatory text for the mighty bunnies efforts john i promise too take it easy on you on sunday