quick blackfish success in the harbour

tide'n'knots

Hi raiders, I got a leave pass from the director of home duties this afternoon and decided to have a crack at some blackfish with the left over weed that i still had from my last trip with swordy ( stewy) a couple of weeks ago I was also keen to try out my new floats that I made during the crappy weather we have been having lately. i started fishing around 3.30pm and decided to try a spot I havent fished before due to the fact that the wind was chopping up the water and making it very uncomfortable and the spot that i had in mind was protected from the wind. I anchored up and dropped out a couple of handfulls of sand and weed mix then dropped the float in and..... hey stewy... something was wrong with my float cause it went under straight away! I struck and came up solid on a fish! wow the float works!!!

I fished until around 6.30pm and landed 10 blackfish and dropped 5 others in a very hot little session. All fish were realeased to fight another day.

post-8689-0-65551100-1362819329_thumb.jpg post-869-0-84925800-1362824571_thumb.jpg

I was only able to get this photo up but I have emailed another photo to stewy of the entire catch and hopefully he can post it for me - ta stewy!

Photo added cheers mrsswordie

pete.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman

Nice work Pete long time no see we will have to catch up cheers Stephen

hi stephen jew season is just around the corner and I have 2 weeks off in may!!! so if you can swing it for a session at that time, we should be able to get a few jew, good win by the bunnies by the way.

pete

That's a nice feed of blackfish Pete, not that I'm a fan of their taste but I know a lot of people enjoy them. The only thing I like about them is that they fight pretty well on light line.

Jeff

gday jeff, I actually dont mind the taste if they are skinned and crumbed but I already had some fish in the freezer and I couldnt be bothered cleaning them so they all live to see another day and were released at the end of fishing, and yes I agree they go good on light line!

pete.

Pete just give me a call when you are heading out

Regarding the Bunnies great start to the season first of many wins

.Cheers Stephen

will do stephen! my team had a pretty good win also today smashing the raiders but I am not getting too excited just yet I will make my judgement on what sort of season they will have when they play a stronger team like melbourne or souths etc. they made far to many poor 5th takle decisions for my liking such as deciding to run when there were players marked etc instead of trying to get a restart. I also thought their kicking game was a bit ordinary......same old same old, but a win is a win and i will take it!

pete

Nice going Pete. At the moment the harbour has been producing some quality blackies & it makes it tops when you catch them on your home made floats too, there is nothing more satisfying when you see that float go under resulting in a hookup.

Cheers

Paul

Pete just give me a call when you are heading out

Regarding the Bunnies great start to the season first of many wins

.Cheers Stephen

Im contacting admin. to have all souths supporters barred from this site.

Guest hawkesbass

Mcgoo what are you thinking you will see the light and correct the error of your ways by the way nice effort on the blackfish