Port Stephens

General Zod

Hi guys, I'm heading to Port Stephens mid next week and I was hoping if anyone can give me any tips. If I can I just want to catch either bream or flathead but wouldnt mind any surface action. I'll just be in the bay and won't be going out. I have a boat but I'll just be renting a tinny instead. Can any one pm me or here give me some tips where I can get a feed. It would be very appreciated if you can.

Try the sand flats in front of the mental hospital at Shoal Bay for good size flatties...also Little Beach has flattys and bream. Its a big bay but a lot of it is locked up by Julia's Greenies so get a map or get a fine.

Thanks for the info guys. That's why l love this site ,always someone to help, unfortunately I won't be heading up this time, friends just bailed on me due to other commitments. Was really looking forward to the trip. Anyway I'll just have to plan another trip with the family only next time. Thanks for your help guys really appreciated the info. Sorry to have wasted anyone's time.