Rosehill Boat show

Geoff

Just returned from the show. Similar to last year with a very good range of trailer boats & yak's.

If looking in the 4.3 - 4.9mt range there are heaps to choose from , not sure how you would determine the best value for money.

The one I found of interest is the new single motor Sailfish. It's set up , including the splitter , is basically the same as the Webster however , I was not keen on how the outboard well on the Sailfish extended into the deck area.

The big plus for this year , there are a lot more accessory stalls so if looking for the latest gadgets it's worth a trip.

Stoped by to see Huey but he was busy with customers. I can understand why , a good range of boats with excelent package pricing. Defenitaly worth stopping by to check out the display.

Geoff

I guess all are aware it is free parking & entry. With the increase in exibitors this year it's making it difficult to justify the $$$$ to visit the Sydney show.

One other interesting product which I forgot to mention was a hub & wheel bearing kit which mounts onto the trailer for the spare wheel

We carry spare wheel in case of a puncture but on occusions bearings also fail & replacing them on the side of the road is not a fun job , been there , done that.

The spare is set up with the hub & bearings & mounted onto a stub axle which is inturn attached with a bracket to the trailer.

If a bearing fails then the replacement assembly is already set up making the change over a lot easier.

Makes me think , if going on a long trip , having a hub all set up in the boot of the car may be a good spare part to carry.

Geoff

Edited by Geoff

I guess all are aware it is free parking & entry. With the increase in exibitors this year it's making it difficult to justify the $$$$ to visit the Sydney show.

One other interesting product which I forgot to mention was a hub & wheel bearing kit which mounts onto the trailer for the spare wheel

We carry spare wheel in case of a puncture but on occusions bearings also fail & replacing them on the side of the road is not a fun job , been there , done that.

The spare is set up with the hub & bearings & mounted onto a stub axle which is inturn attached with a bracket to the trailer.

If a bearing fails then the replacement assembly is already set up making the change over a lot easier.

Makes me think , if going on a long trip , having a hub all set up in the boot of the car may be a good spare part to carry.

Geoff

have it pre greased and wrapped in glad wrap then in a plastic back

can change a hub in minutes

the real catch is how quickly you stop or notice the previous one has failed

if the stub is damaged you could easily do a nother one within a short period of time

Hi Guys, I have just finished moving back all the boats from Rosehill and yes sorry to Geoff and any others it was a very busy two days for me talking to fellow boaters, or perhaps boaters to be. The industry did put on a good show from my quick walking around before it started each day and lets hope some sales were made by everyone becuase it is tough at the moment economically.

Yes the ARK spare wheel complete system is a good design a nd we have fitted a few to trailers.

Cheers,

Huey.