Kurnell 15th march

kts350

Quite a few of us from work decided to head down to kunrell for a night fish, weather was pity the fishing wasn't either we are just hopeless, picked the wrong places I honestly don't know. The only ones to get a bite all night were the mozzies which were out in force.

We tried all different sorts of bait from chicken, pillies, prawns, mullet strips nothing seemed to work.

Kinda sick of going fishing and not bringing home anything next trip will be palm beech in a few weeks at night.

I haven't fished at Kurnell but say for night beach fishing, the action is usually slow but fish are out there. Just need to find a nice gutter during the day when visibility is good and come back later on at night. I've always had to contend with mossies and strong winds at night during a beach fish and found it really does impact on the fun of fishing. However, if you come prepared and hang in there, you'll get decent fish like flathead and maybe even a jew. Small things like playing music or shining torches in the water can also spook the fish.

Edited by nbdshroom

It is a bit demoralising not getting any return for your efforts ie a bunch of phone calls coordinating everyone, running round buying bait, time spent setting your gear up, money spent on munchies and bait, spending all those hours there with no so much as a nibble and loads of leftover bait, then trudging back to the car carrying all the gear knackered from boredom, with a kind of bizarre serenity in the car glad the ordeal is over, just wondering which bin you're gonna throw the leftover bait in, and if you should wash your gear off now or tomorow morning...

Yeah, we've all been there, comes with the territory, if we didn't have a bad days fishing we wouldn't know what a good days fishing was.

Fishingphase

I know the feeling, having a really bad run myself but trying to keep positive that eventually it will all come together

Would help if the good days were somewhere in he vincinity of the bad days

Land based fishing isnt easy. What are you targetting. Is the tide right. Is the barometric pressure right. Is it to rough to reach your target species. Are you using burley. All must be taken into account not to mention seasonal fisg.

Land based fishing isnt easy. What are you targetting. Is the tide right. Is the barometric pressure right. Is it to rough to reach your target species. Are you using burley. All must be taken into account not to mention seasonal fisg.

targeting anything anything mostly bream and flatheads, used plenty of berly fished from 2 hrs before high tide til about 3hrs after it.

Who knows what we did wrong hopefully palm beech in a few weeks will get us some results.