Finally broke my donut!

sam0

I'll start off by saying a huge thanks to all the fishraiders who put my with my questions over the past few weeks and went out of their way to show me the basics!

Headed out early Saturday morning to Double bay and tried flicking some lures without much success. Went around the shore line to rose bay wharf and had a go there for a good hour with nothing more then small bites. Thought i would have one more go in a different spot so headed towards vaucluse.

20 mins into my flicking, ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ! Out came a 62cm flattie :banana: Couldn't have asked for a better night!

post-30424-0-56641600-1363653209_thumb.jpg

Regards Sam

Well Done

thanks mate

Awesome ! I love a flatty around that size! Well done on ya first!! Cheers scratchie!!!

Never seen a flattie this big, hopefully there's alot more to come :banana:

Good work champ, would love to score one that size. What lure were you using?

Thanks mate, takes a lot of patience especially when fishing from the shore line. I was on a 3/8 jighead using riptide mullet and the area was well lite. goodluck mate

Congrats Samo. Contrary to the sceptics you can get some fantastic advice here. Keep it going and be the sponge like me learning. Cheers Rich

Thanks mate. I'm exactly like you, I absorb all the info and advice from here and put it into practice and it's finally paid off :thumbup:

Well done, Sam - I always thought a flattie would be the first decent fish that you would land!! :banana: Now you just have to remember what you were doing to get the hit! :D

No worries - you'll be sweet from now on!! Just remember (usually) slower & smaller for bream!

Roberta

Any lizard over 60 is a really good one I reckon, especially in the Harbour ! Well done

Thanks mate, I would have been stoked with any size , but the 62 was definitely just a dream a few weeks ago!

Well done and congratulations :thumbup:

Great way to get off the mark with a classy fish like that.

May this be the first of many and keep up the great work.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I think i set the bar too high for myself :lol:

Yummmm love flattie fillets! Well done & congrats on a nice catch!

Thanks mate flatties are definitely great tasting fish!

Edited by sam0

Well done, Sam - I always thought a flattie would be the first decent fish that you would land!! :banana: Now you just have to remember what you were doing to get the hit! :D

No worries - you'll be sweet from now on!! Just remember (usually) slower & smaller for bream!

Roberta

Huge thanks to you Roberta, every post of yours is knowledge to the reader!

I was using the exact same technique as issue showed me!

Might have a shot at bream before work this afternoon. Good thing about bream fishing is it also attracts flatties so hopefully a win win for me B)