Good land based spots around the northern beaches

tw9635

Hello raiders,

I am wondering what good wharfs, rocks etc around the northern beaches or the harbour are good. Anything like kingies, tailor, jewies, bream, flatties, bonito, John dory etc. What rigs and baits do you reccomend and any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thankyou in advanced

Mr fish.

40+ years ago I caught a 24lb. Yellowfin tuna off Whale Beach Rocks (South) with a lead bomb treble on 17lb Tortue, 6;i Seascape and home made rod. Have,nt tried there for a while as you have to climb down the cliff on a rope. Was a good rock platform, watch the sea but.

I'm sure everyone has their own opinion, but here's mine from fishing Sydney the last couple of years.

The Spit - supposed to be really good, but I've always struggled with the strength of the tide pulling through when land based.

Clontarf - the end nearest the city seemed better. Snapper, flathead

Grotto Point - the little light house on the opening to middle harbour. Bit of a trek through bush so try and take essentials only. Be careful of swell, some days it's too big and dangerous. Good spot though as a lot of stuff seems to swim past on way in and out of middle harbour.

the rocks around Fairlight - bream and flathead

Little Manly - lots of people fish here, but I haven't had too much success. Lovely spot though!

North head - there's a great rock ledge, path can be found up near the carpark at the end. Great spot straight into deep water. WATCH SWELL AND WIND DIRECTION, I think it's pretty dodgey if a southerly blows up.

That's about it from me. I haven't had much experience of the ocean facing beaches.