Sunline Super PE

Benums

Hi All,

I need some help or advice...

I currently have 8lb Super PE on my 3000 stradic CI4, I use this for tossing plastics and all round estuary fishing. Have used it for light snapper outfit as well. Lately I have noticed that more often the braid is wrapping guides or bird nests. I have read reports that this is a common issue with the lighter Super PE braids.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the same braid? I have Fireline on all of my other lights outfits and do not get this problem, I guess it is that little bit stiffer!

So can anyone recommend a new braid for me? I have heard about nanofil but have no experience with it.

I want to put 8 or 10lb back on it and I'm open to your opinions.

thanks in advance.

Benums

Super PE gets wind knots more than any other braid i've come across... particularly 8lb and under... Spooled up my caldia the other day with 6lb and first session 4 wind knots costing me 30m of braid overall...

Apart from wind knots its awesome stuff..

Cheers, Tom

Use 20lb Sunline Super PE on my Stradic 5000 and did have wind know issues for the first few sessions I used it, but think that was due to overfilling. Since losing about 30m if braid, haven't had an issue with wind knots since.

If you're after an alternative, on all my

Oops, accidentally hit reply before I was finished. Was just going to say that I also use Powerpro from 4lb to 30lb and I have had far less problems with wind knots as it is fused and thus stiffer, which I don't mind. Might be an alternative to consider.

Mate if your spending that money on sunline i would be looking at toray p.e its the best p.e on the market but its not cheep but it worth it.best to get it online from japan

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hate the stuff in 6lb.

Ive got two tcurve flights one 661 and a 702. Both with ci4 1000. One spooled with power pro 5lb and the other with 6lb PE.

the sunline pe Always seems to get caught in between the rings in my recoil guides on my tcurve flight. Ive loat count of the jig heds and sp lures ive lot due to tangles during casting.

Id steer clear of it if you have recoil guides especially.