25072005 Offshore

gw77

Sea's were really choppy on Monday but we still got to land these about 10 miles offshore:

The 5 biggest fishes(Ocean Perch, 2 Snapper, Morwong & Pigfish) that we caught aren't in the photo but were inside getting prepared for dinner at the time of the photo. MmMMmmM

post-204-1122905869_thumb.jpg

Hey all, first time writer, long time listener…

This site rocks and often is the differentiator between going out there or staying in bed

(The Newspaper reports always seem to be a bit “extra-ordinary)

It’s a Nice catch indeed, but sorry to winge on my first time here.. but I gotta agree with plfishfingers.

My ex-misses used to say/nag about a lot of things :ranting2: (much of which was ignored) but one thing she used to enforce was the line, “you ain’t going fishing till the freezer is empty” :ranting2: .. so I got into the habit of bringing back enough for only one or two meals..

Its just a thought…but if we all did this maybe there might be some more out there..

<end of my political statement> :yahoo:

Damian

I personally don't think that by us(5 Guys) catching that small amount of fish that it will put a dent in the fish population. Do you? :risata:

All the fish have been eaten and were very delicious. MmMmMMmm

Btw... we caught a lot more fish than that but they were released.

Edited by gw77

Guest bluecod
I personally don't think that by us(5 Guys) catching that small amount of fish that it will put a dent in the fish population. Do you?  :risata:

All the fish have been eaten and were very delicious. MmMmMMmm

Btw... we caught a lot more fish than that but they were released.

60330[/snapback]

Fair comment gw77, I don't think that 8 fish per person on the odd occasion is excessive, provided it is eaten. It would do my immediate family for two meals and only serve as an entree for my extended family.

Like pflfishfingers, I too am guilty of excessive captures of fish in my younger days but even taking a bag limit is something I discourage these days

Guest Jocool

gw77, you're fishing within the law so you can continue to do it. I'll continue to let all my fish go, which is my choice.

60343[/snapback]

Andrew, you are right. It is is his perogative to catch what ever he is allowed by law. I don't really think that you, or anyone for that matter, has a right to lambast him for his catch.

I think we ALL should cease and disist with the negative commentary! :ranting2:

If you guys think that having 10 odd fish per fisho is excessive, I'm sorry, but I disagree! A meal of fish for me and my family would require at the very least, 8 legal sized bream for example, to feed all five of us!

Guest fishrunner

have to agree with jocool on this, people can post what they want reguardless of wether it annoys anyone.

I've got mates with 5 kids that release fish, but still take home 10 fish as that's what's required for a feed for the family. Everyone has the right to take a feed of fish if they so desire.

just my 2 cents guys

cheers

gw77, you're fishing within the law so you can continue to do it. I'll continue to let all my fish go, which is my choice.

You are right I am fishing within the law. On top of that I never ever keep anything undersized and wouldn't take anymore than I can eat.

I could understand where you are coming from if I didn't eat them(and if they were wasted), but we eat fish a few times a week so why should I go out and buy them at ripoff prices when I can go out and have fun catching them myself?

By the way... thanks for the positive comments :P

post-204-1122988352_thumb.jpg

Edited by gw77

Guest bluecod
I think we ALL should cease and disist with the negative commentary! :ranting2:

60349[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more Joe.

I would also like to point out that Australia has a very wide socio-economic distribution and some families would reap significant financial benefits from a feed of fish once or twice a week. I can't ever remember going hungry, but I have mates who grew up with nothing more than bread and dripping for 3 or 4 nights a week as their main meal - growing up in middle class suburbs in the 70's.

Guest Jewel

I think thats a pretty harsh call Swoff, 8 fish a bloke is far from excessive. Its rather assumptive on your part to imply that the bloke is doing the wrong thing with "everyone knows how I feel about people killing more than they need". How many fish does his family need?

As you said its his choice to keep the catch and it is within the law, why imply the bloke is doing the wrong thing? How do you know?

I think the sustainable fishery mentality is quite strong within this group, and most here do the right thing. The idea is education, being passionate about a subject is not a bad thing but to preach ideals at people is not the best way to educate or instigate reform.

You have to remember that everyone started somewhere, you are a long way down the track as far as skills and knowledge regarding fishing go........ help others get there too, dont bash them with a stick, it doesnt do either side any good!

All the best

Mick

If anyones to be blamed about over fishing its the pro's  :ranting2:  :ranting2:

Good catch mate and good to hear it all went to use..

60352[/snapback]

Dont pass the buck onto the pro fisherman, Recreational fishing takes its toll as well, and finger pointning doesnt do much to sustain a fishery.

Imagine if the thounsands and thousands of people recreationally fishing every weekend took home what Gw77 took home every weekend? :1yikes:

Personally I dont care, well not about bottom of the food chain fish like the ones here, but it does upset me when the justification is as piss poor as "look at what the Pro's are taking"

Chris

Edited by Aero

Looks like quite a nice meal there GW77,

my mouths watering.

60378[/snapback]

Like I said it was MMmmMMmmm

Can't believe just a post of what I caught turned into this??? LOL

I don't normally post fishing reports, I just normally read other member's ones but I thought it was about time that I contributed. Big Mistake...hahaha

Thanks Swoffa ....no problems : )

My tolerance on this issue is a fair bit lower than most, and I always admit to that fact. Everyone has a tolerance level on this issue, even this site which is why there's no spearfishing reports allowed.

I have an extremely low tolerance of people ramming their opinions down other peoples throats. My name is not "this site" either!

I don't want to initiate this old shitfight again, it's been done to death.

If you don't want to initiate it mate why is it that EVERY time it starts YOU are the first to start it. Time & time again YOU have kicked it off with smart arsed posts shoving YOUR opinion into the face of others who are breaking NO rules here & NO laws.

I won't tolerate this crap so tread warily in future & that goes to anyone else wanting to preach also!

Sea's were really choppy on Monday but we still got to land these about 10 miles offshore:

60198[/snapback]

You have to make an effort to get a good catch this time of year. And you were rewarded for your efforts. :thumbup:

How deep is the water 10 miles out?

GW, i just want to say i envy your catch and you keep catching fish and posting reports, it keeps triers like me enthused and motivated in the knowledge that somewhere out there, there are fish with my name on them

Harold