Good Friday on Sydney Harbour

Day's Fishin

Left the Hawkesbury district at 3am to fish Sydney harbour. Arrived at Roseville ramp to a very slight wind, all looked promising for a good trip. Headed straight to the wedding cake. Within 1hr the wind and chop hit making it very uncomfortable. All we were getting were octapus and bait being stolen by leather jackets. 2 banjo sharks seen us decide to leave and try the quarantine area. We got out of the wind but apart from a school of yellow tail and garfish it was dead.

We then headed back over to the wedding cake to give it another go. This time we got a good position hanging from the south side back into the structure. A couple of hours seen 8 bream, 6 flathead, 2 flounder and 1 leather jacket in the keeper box. With the seas getting bigger and the wind picking up (opposite to what the weather bureau was saying ) we decide to call stumps.

Jeff

post-5857-0-69270200-1364769035_thumb.jpg

Edited by Day's Fishin

Wow awesome catch there buddy. I bet there was a lot of boats out on the harbour!

I fished the Wedding Cakes on a low tide last week for Octopus, leatherjacket and shark. Swore I would not go back again, but your catch has sucked me in again :)

Were you on the incoming tide and what did you find the best bait for the bream.

Cheers Larry

Hi Larry, It was a run out tide and the bream were taken on squid legs.

The dam yachts started about midday which was another reason we decided to pull out. It beats me why these morons tack straight towards other boats. The dope who made the give way to sail most have been just as stupid as the ones who sail the dam things. To them, give way to sail means they can do anything they like. We watched as one almost ran a couple of divers over who had floats and flags attached to them. Guess where the crew were? Sitting around talking to each other in the back well of the boat and they just cruised on up middle harbour without a glance back even though one of the divers was screaming abuse at them.

Jeff

Thanks for your reply Jeff. Can't say I have tried squid legs for bream. I will give them a go. Might try the run-out tide Thursday afternoon.

cheers Larry

Thanks for your reply Jeff. Can't say I have tried squid legs for bream. I will give them a go. Might try the run-out tide Thursday afternoon.

cheers Larry

One thing I forgot to mention Larry we were using a burly bomb with tuna oil. They started to bite almost as soon as the bomb went down.

Jeff

Nice mixed bag there! Do you reckon the flounder tastes better than the flathead? I caught some flathead and flounder on Saturday and ate them side by side. Since flathead now costs something like $40 a kilo in the shops now I was kind of surprised that my wife and I both preferred the flounder.

Reeltired

Nice mixed bag there! Do you reckon the flounder tastes better than the flathead? I caught some flathead and flounder on Saturday and ate them side by side. Since flathead now costs something like $40 a kilo in the shops now I was kind of surprised that my wife and I both preferred the flounder.

Reeltired2

I personally don't like Flounder as their two sweet but my wife prefers them. The first thing she ask me when I have been fishing is have I caught her a flounder, she couldn't care less if I have a big jew or king. Flathead fillets for me anytime.

Jeff