Where do lost rods go?

Scratchie

I went out today to get amongst the fish. While a school of something swam past I was distracted by the noise of my bait runner peeling off. As I went to pick it up, it stopped but I failed to notice my other shimano skiing along the water until it was to late! So if anyone is fishing the port stephens area and they see a big fish with a rod hanging off it, pm me please!!! Lol

Cheers scratchie!!!

Same thing happened to my mate at Botany Bay, he forgot to set his drag, seeing as we had 30-35cm silver trevally round the boat, I would say that was culprit, anyhow, there's a 3-6kg kg daiwa sol rod and 3000 sol reel sitting on the sand at the hot water outlet.

Fishingphase

Mate sorry about your rod. A $2 lanyard goes a long way. Might save you some $ in the future.

Point taken. But it was more of a drag issue than anything! Lesson learnt. I loved that rod too!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Same thing happened to my mate at Botany Bay, he forgot to set his drag, seeing as we had 30-35cm silver trevally round the boat, I would say that was culprit, anyhow, there's a 3-6kg kg daiwa sol rod and 3000 sol reel sitting on the sand at the hot water outlet.

Fishingphase

A mate of mine "left" one there too. Could be a bit of a grave yard of old rods.

Bad luck scratchie, at least it wasn't you new 50.

Hi Guys,

My boat mate has twice hooked a cast lure onto my Fireblood 4000 and matching firebood rod rig and flicked it out of the rocket launcher in the last three years,

First time we cast about 750000 times with metals and managed to snag it back out of 6 metres of water in the lower Georges..

Second time, he didn't hesitate, but went straight over the side ..chasing it in the bay..

maybe I ought to buy some lanyards!

Guest mike2153

I once was in the kayak and had some dickhead in a boat go flying past me I mean about 5 metres away from me in a 5 or 8 knot zone when he clearly saw me and my mate and before I could even turn to hit his wake front on it got me from the side and tipped my rod straight out in fairly deep water. I didn't even know till my mate yelled out to me I casted around where I think it may have fell but had no success. I was pretty pissed off with that and ever since then I have leashes on all rods which are in the kayak.