Trevally PB Botany Bay

tinny1

I don't know how i missed putting this clip in my March collection , but i thought the Fishraiders would appreciate it .I go on a fair bit about Trevally but this little puppy gave me the fight of my life on my 6lb gear it went 48cm and had a snapper bump on his head something iv'e never seen before on these fish , i was !@$#$ bricks that i was going to lose him as the wind was pushing me in amongst the moored tugs ( water snake is next on the wish list ) the fight went for around 4mins but it seemed like an eternity.It's not often you get a PB on video but i'm glad i did with this one,i got him mid march and this may seem funny but it's up there with my Yellowfin from 10yrs ago

Edited by tinny1

well done mate very nice fish.what are you useing to do the fillming is a gopro ?

Yes mate it's a Go Pro3 silver edition with a piggy back battery and larger waterproof case, had some issues with fogging in this clip but a good clean and the use of the fog strips has helped on the later vids.Only just started to experiment with this camera as it has some good features , slow mo, time lapse etc i'm mounting it on a length of 40mm pvc pipe in the corner rod holders and will try to work out a few extentions to get some different angles , all the editing is done on a imac pro laptop using imovie.All up the camera cost about $500 with all the attachments.Always remember to set the HD settings on youtube as this is where this camera really shows it's clarity

cheers Mark

Edited by tinny1

Awesome stuff man. Is your boat a stacer searay?

It's a 2005 Horizon 525 aluminium bowrider 90hp Yamaha 2 stroke , does the job but can get a little wet going back to the ramp late friday arvos with that SE blowing as i leave the canopy off most trips

cheers Mark